SMY

L&M OLED monitor back

Hi everybody,

does anyone use the 2009er L&M housings with the OLED monitor? Your Experience? Is it worth the extra money?

Regards, Sascha

Hi Sascha,

One of our staff members bought the OLED for his new Bluefin XR520. We put it up next to the standard monitor back, and there is a Significant difference in brightness, detail, sharpness and color...however, it does come with a Hefty upgrade price!! Is it worth it, absolutely. However if the choice was between the OLED and the upgraded WP90 or 110 due to funds, Id go the optics!

I know the Bluefin comes standard with the 65 degree lens. Do you know if they allow you to upgrade to the 90 by allowing for what the 65 would cost and just charge you the difference? From what I have read, the 90 is a much better all around lens and would serve the purpose on most diving.

I know the Bluefin comes standard with the 65 degree lens. Do you know if they allow you to upgrade to the 90 by allowing for what the 65 would cost and just charge you the difference? From what I have read, the 90 is a much better all around lens and would serve the purpose on most diving.

I am pricing up this system at the moment, and it seems the answer is no.

You get the normal port as well as the 90 or 110 if you upgrade.

I guess it makes sense to keep it though, as the macro should be a bit closer with the standard port rather than the big 90 or 110.

I would think this question is best asked of L&M directly. I seriously doubt it, especially if their retailers are buying it with the stock lens.

Bluefin housings are supplied with the STD Light & Motion optic while the Bluefin Pro comes standard with a flat port.

This is something that can be negotiated with a dealer...

Thanks for all the feedback on my question. If I can ever get the state of North Carolina to pay me for the land they are taking to widen a highway I'll be able to do some serious negotiating. Government moves at a snails pace.

BDSC

Sponsors

Advertisements