Sign in to follow this  
m.eppoliti

Thinking of upgrading

I'm thinking about upgrading my current system and was looking for some suggestions:

I will be shooting a D300 and I really like the Aquatica housing. Any comments or suggestions?

I currently use (2) YS-90DX's, should I upgrade to something else? If so what should I get?

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Michael

Consider a housing that has fiber optic ports (not familiar with Aquatica bulkheads). Your 90's will work fine with fiber. Makes for less maintenance, fewer o-rings & fewer electronic parts.

Tough question, Michael. Housings are so personal and everyone has their favourite. I am on my third DSLR Subal housing and think Subal terrific - especially with magnifying viewfinders. I don't find having to shoot non-TTL with it an issue. The best thing I would suggest is to try and handle the various housings and see which feels good. Not easy I appreciate given housing dealers are as rare as hen's eggs.

Strobes: I manage the KBR dive operation and everyone seems to be using Inons. (Me included!) I wouldn't mind a $1 for every one I've seen in the last few weeks in our rinse tanks. I like mine: powerful enough, great for travelling (light weight and small).

But why rush to change your strobes? Try them out with the D300 and see how you get on..... then buy Inons ;-)

Edited by TimG

I'm thinking about upgrading my current system and was looking for some suggestions:

I will be shooting a D300 and I really like the Aquatica housing. Any comments or suggestions?

I currently use (2) YS-90DX's, should I upgrade to something else? If so what should I get?

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Michael

Michael,

I have the aquatica for my D300 and love it, just spent a week having a wonderful time with it. It feels great underwater. I love the control layout. My only complaint is that for the way I shoot, there are almost too many controls on the housing there are so many that I do not use. I almost wish I could just plug some of them up!

I love the quality of the housing

Stuart

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements