Sign in to follow this  
Milo

My First flickr gallery

Hi Guys,

I'm relatively new here, with some trepidation i'm posting up a few pics for a critique from you all.

If you get a chance take a quick look, i'd like to know what you all think of them.

I have a flickr page too, http://www.flickr.com/photos/harrison_underwater

The two wide shots were taken in Sipadan, and the other was the Red Sea. Kit wise, i used a Nikon D200 in a Subal housing, nikkor 10.5mm and twin SB105 strobes. I've just replaced these with Inon z220's, any tips in their use would be appreciated as they are very different from the 105's.

It would be great if you took the time to look and give me your thoughts.

3601332351_0a600c657e_b.jpg

3602148926_bbd4f90657.jpg

3602138900_9a7f962152_b.jpg

Thanks

Edited by Milo

Hi Paul,

Glad you posted your stuff! There are some really nice images in there. :) I really liked the B&W of the barracuda school and the other school shots too. How are you processing your stuff? In general some of the macro stuff and abstracts ( I love abstracts) looked just a tad soft to my eye. You might take another look might just need just a bit of sharpening. Then again, I've been drinking Margarita's all night so the issue may be on my end.

I absolutely love the this one;

post-4526-1244353293.jpg

I think it deserves a little more work to really make it pop. Think about a slight crop to put them square in the center, and play with lightening up their faces just a touch to seperate them from the reef. Sort of like I did above. I also rotated it slightly (Please tell me you have the raw file of this). It's a really tough exposure to get right but you could really have some fun with this one.

Thanks for sharing, be sure to put your favorite images up on the Wetpixel Flickr group so more folks can enjoy them.

Cheers,

Steve

extremely nice pictures, especially the first one!

Thanks guys for your comments, the Bannerfish is a picture that i shot on film, maybe i should revisit it :-) I tend to use lightroom to process my shots, i like the tools it provides for RAW pics, i never use sharpening though. I'll take a good look at those shots Steve to see if i can improve them.

Edited by Milo

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements