Always trying to improve; Comments are welcome.

Gray Reef Shark, Jupiter Florida.

post-19888-1244403415.jpg

Edited by Jeff Phillips

Always trying to improve; Comments are welcome.

Gray Reef Shark, Jupiter Florida.

I like it. I might white balance the photo in PS but I like it.

Here's an idea, don't know if you like it but This looks really great in B&W..

post-5434-1244410272.jpg

Thanks for the ideas and feedback. I re-worked the white balance, sharpened and cloned and came up with this:

post-19888-1244897327.jpg

I also used your B&W suggestion and came up with this:

post-19888-1244897282.jpg

I did not try to replicate you conversion (you did such a great job) I just wanted to see if what else might be there.

After a fair amount of work I think the only thing I managed to highlight is my lack of technique during the capture phase. The first B&W is my favorite. The first color (blue cast) version hides a lot of sins. Any other suggestions or comments? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller??

Thanks for the ideas and feedback. I re-worked the white balance, sharpened and cloned and came up with this:

post-19888-1244897327.jpg

I also used your B&W suggestion and came up with this:

post-19888-1244897282.jpg

After a fair amount of work I think the only thing I managed to highlight is my lack of technique during the capture phase. Any other suggestions or comments? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller??

A little too "crunchy" on the sharpening ... sharpen until it looks "good" at 100% and then stop ... it takes some practice and is really easy to overdo it.

The version by ce4jesus is what I imagined when I saw the original. Then I scrolled down and saw it. Nice. I like the softness of the shadows, although perhaps I would add some blacks.

Sponsors

Advertisements