Pfiffikus25

Video Survey camera on wire

Hi Folks!

Want to start a project with a video camera with life feed to the surface. Setup should be as simple and cheap as possible:

• Video camera in housing
  • Live feed to surface
  • Regular dive light (canister lamp) attached to camera housing
  • Topside we want to use a laptop to get the picture viewed

Since I am totally new to video, I got a couple of questions:

• What camera ... quality of pictures are secondary and it should be cheap
  • What do I need to get live feed? Could I use a 2 phase cable with 3 wires (regular power cable) with 100m (300ft) length?

Maybe someone has done this and can give me some hints into the right direction?

Thanks, Wolfgang

Hi Folks!

Want to start a project with a video camera with life feed to the surface. Setup should be as simple and cheap as possible:

• Video camera in housing
  • Live feed to surface
  • Regular dive light (canister lamp) attached to camera housing
  • Topside we want to use a laptop to get the picture viewed

Since I am totally new to video, I got a couple of questions:

• What camera ... quality of pictures are secondary and it should be cheap
  • What do I need to get live feed? Could I use a 2 phase cable with 3 wires (regular power cable) with 100m (300ft) length?

Maybe someone has done this and can give me some hints into the right direction?

Thanks, Wolfgang

This was recently posted in the DIY forum.Its a cheap design for a ROV with a camera installation. You might want to check it out.

http://www.nventivity.com/roviab.html

This was recently posted in the DIY forum.Its a cheap design for a ROV with a camera installation. You might want to check it out.

http://www.nventivity.com/roviab.html

Hi!

That is a good start. But we have something more robust in mind ... should be capable of going down to 80-100m to explore for wrecks. Constructing the frame and stuff is not a problem.

What I do not know is the video stuff.

Cheers, Wolfgang

If you want a live feed then you want live power too. At 100m you'll need to boost the video signal and also implement VISCA or something similar to control the camera settings.

There are ready made cameras with live feed and power to surface. Some even have built in LED for illumination.

Sponsors

Advertisements