Steve Williams

Look what I found at the Bridge and in the Bahamas ;-)

Hey folks,

I got a chance to dive the Blue Heron Bridge last week before the JASA trip left for dolphins and sharks. (Some more pictures below) I didn't have a guide but had some great advise from Ellen and Laz. Here is a sample from a short hour in the rain. I can see why you guys really like the place. It's a funky dive. I managed to find this juvenile Harlequin Sea Goddess (I think) It was about half an inch long. I was using the 500D on my Canon 100mm the folks here on Wetpixel helped me with, so it's about a 2:1 macro. This one is definitely a group effort.

3650556889_a3c7e77646_o.jpg

Thanks all!

Steve

Edited by Steve Williams

Hey folks,

I got a chance to dive the Blue Heron Bridge last week before the JASA trip left for dolphins and sharks. I didn't have a guide but had some great advise from Ellen and Laz. Here is a sample from a short hour in the rain. I can see why you guys really like the place. It's a funky dive. I managed to find this juvenile Hallequin Sea Goddess (I think) It was about half an inch long. I was using the 500D on my Canon 100mm the folks here on Wetpixel help me with, so it's about a 2:1 macro. This one is definitely a group effort.

3650556889_a3c7e77646_o.jpg

Thanks all!

Steve

Steve

Nice, looking forward to seeing the other shots from the trip...

Hi guys,

I'm still on the way home so here is just a tickle. I had a great trip with Berkley and the Backscatter group. Jim Abernethy and his crew on the Shear Water did an amazing job. They found us dolphins;

3651802236_d100d9f80f_o.jpg

Caribbean reef, and Lemon Sharks;

3651004119_4b526934ea_o.jpg

And everyone was happy to see Emma is doing great although still very pregnant.

3651802326_89e42f6d10_o.jpg

That's as big as it gets for me partner. :) I'll put a trip report together when I get home after I've had a chance to let it all soak in.

Cheers,

Steve

Edited by Steve Williams

Wow great shots steve, show us more

Hi guys,

I'm still on the way home so here is just a tickle. I had a great trip with Berkley and the Backscatter group. Jim Abernethy and his crew on the Shear Water did an amazing job. They found us dolphins;

That's as big as it gets for me partner. :) I'll put a trip report together when I get home after I've had a chance to let it all soak in.

Cheers,

Steve

NICE. Looks like a blast. Safe trip home and look forward to seeing the report.

Wow, Great shots,

With Tokina 10-17mm, So close. :-)

Beautiful Steve, love them all. The lemon Shark pic is my favourite.

Cheers,

Diggy

Nice!

Tim

:angry:

Excellent job, Steve. Looks like it was a very productive trip. Looking forward to seeing more of your results.

Fantastic dolphin shots there Steve - I checked out your flickr gallery.

Cheers

James

Some really nice shots on your Flickr pages Steve. I am sure you have many many more that you will be playing with over the coming days and weeks. I dont know if your Tarpon shot was from this trip, but I really like the way the scales shine in it.

Cheers for sharing

Stew

Thanks for the kind words guys, the dolphin shoot was the toughest I've ever done. I'm working on a write up I'll post later. I have 1000 images I'm going through from the week. The color is not holding up well when I post to Flickr, I'll figure it out. The early shots were processed on an uncalibrated monitor so they are way off but you can get an idea of the possibilities.

Great times,

Steve

I dont know if your Tarpon shot was from this trip, but I really like the way the scales shine in it.

Stew

Thanks Stew,

The tarpon shot is from the Jan Cayman trip. I tried bouncing the strobe off the coral to put some color on the mirrored scales. Fun stuff.

Cheers,

Steve

Edited by Steve Williams

Without hijacking your post Steve, how do you compare the 500D to the 40D. I am in the process of upgrading my box brownie and am looking at the 40D 50D and the 500D. I know as soon as I make my decision Canon will bring out a nice new shiny 60D, but I would appreciate your views on the 40 and 500.

All the best, Stew

how do you compare the 500D to the 40D.

Canon has done it to us again Stew. There are two 500Ds, one is their new camera and the other is a +2 dioptre close up lens. I was using the 500D lens on my 100mm with the 40D. Sorry for the confusion. I don't have any experience with the new camera. Try a seperate post, it's a great question.

Steve

Thanks for the kind words guys, the dolphin shoot was the toughest I've ever done. I'm working on a write up I'll post later. I have 1000 images I'm going through from the week. The color is not holding up well when I post to Flickr, I'll figure it out. The early shots were processed on an uncalibrated monitor so they are way off but you can get an idea of the possibilities.

Great times,

Steve

I had not seen the Flickr shots until someone mentioned them. Forgot to look :angry: Then I looked, the dolphin shots are stunning and looks to me like it was worth it no matter how tough it was :) Really beautiful shots :angry:

Canon has done it to us again Stew. There are two 500Ds, one is their new camera and the other is a +2 dioptre close up lens. I was using the 500D lens on my 100mm with the 40D. Sorry for the confusion. I don't have any experience with the new camera. Try a seperate post, it's a great question.

Steve

Doh ! Silly me.

Stew

Looking forward to seeing them, Steve.

Out in the Red Sea at present (day ashore between liveaboards) - and internet conection is useless. I am going to stop looking at these enticing posts only to find I can't see the pictures!

Alex

I am going to stop looking at these enticing posts only to find I can't see the pictures!

Sorry Alex, I broke the link when I updated the shot in Flickr. The original was done in the hotel and the colors were yuuck. I haven't figured out how to repost the new image. There is a dolphin post thread here you might like. The rest are on the Flickr page if you can get the internet in the Camel Bar.

Steve

Steve,

The 2nd pic with the shark, the boat and diver....that is gold!! Looks like cover material.

Sponsors

Advertisements