jproc77

Anyone using the Ys-110a and Ys-27 dx together?

Both strobes are comparable color temps, and guide numbers are only 2 off. I was thinking of using housing to 110 via cable, then either optical or remote to the ys-27. Then I could use TTL for both strobes. I'll be shooting w/a and macro. The only problem I see is with recharge time (I can live with 1/2 sec off)

Comments, suggestions?

Thanks!

Jason

Edited by jproc77

Both strobes are comparable color temps, and guide numbers are only 2 off. I was thinking of using housing to 110 via cable, then either optical or remote to the ys-27. Then I could use TTL for both strobes. I'll be shooting w/a and macro. The only problem I see is with recharge time (I can live with 1/2 sec off)

Comments, suggestions?

Thanks!

Jason

I shot the same setup very happily - 110 by electrical sync and 27 via optical sync on that. I found that running a F/O cord from the 100 to the 27 improved reliability greatly. Without the cord, W/A shots with the strobes pointed outward were dicey. Macro was doable without the cord running between the two, but W/A pretty much required a the f/o cord for best results.

You can't shoot both on TTL as the 27 is not TTL capable, but you can shoot the 110 with TTL with the 27 on manual fill.

I shot the same setup very happily - 110 by electrical sync and 27 via optical sync on that. I found that running a F/O cord from the 100 to the 27 improved reliability greatly. Without the cord, W/A shots with the strobes pointed outward were dicey. Macro was doable without the cord running between the two, but W/A pretty much required a the f/o cord for best results.

You can't shoot both on TTL as the 27 is not TTL capable, but you can shoot the 110 with TTL with the 27 on manual fill.

Great, thanks for the info!! A friend just bought that G9/ Ike setup and loves it.

Did you find recycling time a problem? I plan on buying 2700ma NI MH cells.

Did you find recycling time a problem? I plan on buying 2700ma NI MH cells.

I never found that to be an issue, but that's just not my style of shooting ... I used 2700s and they were good. The 27 in particular seemed to go forever on one set.

Sponsors

Advertisements