Hello everyone,

With a lot of good advice from people on this forum I purchased my first DSLR and housing a few weeks ago and have just done a weeks diving in Bali in Tulamben. Ive posted my best shots on Flickr here http://www.flickr.com/photos/fontainedento...57620514074484/.

All shots taken with Canon 500D, 60mm lens, s and s ys-27 strobe.

Here are a couple im most proud of:

3659105198_b8881d0d40.jpg

my favorite pic of the trip

3659063370_fc4d33d21d.jpg

this guy was miniscule

3659070996_0d2b5f564d.jpg

decorator hermit crabs eyes

3659148594_044445faa3.jpg

need to look at the ID book

3658307561_ae56f7e972.jpg

samurai nudi

3659096876_8e8f6f10e4.jpg

Let me know what you think, any constructive criticism or praise would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

Fontaine

Nice set. Fontaine.

I think #4 is Crinoid clingfish.

Excellent first effort, nice macro work! Good tight focus and color rendition.

Fantastic shots Fontaine

I especially like the Samurai Nudi nice composition

Tulamben's a special place, where did you stay?

I saw you got some shots of the Liberty's resident 'Cuda, Christian Loader and I dived together there in April and he managed to get him to mouth his domeport, the shot won this weeks POTW comp.

Takes some "bottle" to let those teeth get that close to your face, having said that I watched Christian poo himself an hour later when he was attacked by a Titan Triggerfish on Tulamben Drop Off,

I laughed away 100bar ....... Priceless :angry:

Thankyou for sharing.

Nige Wade

Congrats on getting the new rig in the water Fontaine! I'm loving the second shot you posted.

Cheers,

Steve

amazing shots -I off to bali in few weeks -wow amazing you could get so close with the 60mm -there is hope for me yet !!

I really like your style, especially creature "x", which is a clingfish.

Tim

:angry:

really beautiful shots! makes me want to pull out the plastic for that dslr housing!

Great Stuff, especially for a first time DSLR user. Take it you are not new to diving though :nea: Samuri Nudibranch is a great shot.

very nice compositions, well done, esp #1,#5, #6

Very nice pictures!

Some of them could maybe use a little backscatter removal, but thats just my opinion.

Samurai is really a winner!!

Karel

Edited by Scubamoose

Fantastic shots Fontaine

I especially like the Samurai Nudi nice composition

Tulamben's a special place, where did you stay?

I saw you got some shots of the Liberty's resident 'Cuda, Christian Loader and I dived together there in April and he managed to get him to mouth his domeport, the shot won this weeks POTW comp.

Takes some "bottle" to let those teeth get that close to your face, having said that I watched Christian poo himself an hour later when he was attacked by a Titan Triggerfish on Tulamben Drop Off,

I laughed away 100bar ....... Priceless :D

Thankyou for sharing.

Nige Wade

We stayed at Scuba Seraya and had a great experience, my wife and I had our own personal dive guide even though there were other diving guests, free baby sitter for our nine month old on last minute demand whenever we wanted to dive, the macro life was pretty amazing and the dive guide was spot on.

I saw that pic of the cuda in the POTW and was like damn why didnt i think of doing that, cant believe its actually the same bloody fish!

Thanks for the comments!

Tis a small world for us divers!

3839369372_8ec0f628cb_b.jpg

I just returned from Komodo and was looking through my photographs...this one totally surprised me, because I was taking a picture of the purple sea squirt, and never saw the green nudibranch until it was up on my monitor. Crazy stuff. I call it the "Accidental Nudi" and have identified it as a Nembrotha Cristata based on similar photos found here on wetpixel.

Edited by DavidScubadiver

Sponsors

Advertisements