Im reading backscatter and in its description of the macromate it only mentions that the macromate doubles the magnification with the canon and nikon 105mm lenses. What about the 60mm???? Surely it doubles the magnification of this lens as well, right?

Does anyone have experience using the macromate with the 60mm lens, if so how did you like it?

Thanks

Fontaine

Im reading backscatter and in its description of the macromate it only mentions that the macromate doubles the magnification with the canon and nikon 105mm lenses. What about the 60mm???? Surely it doubles the magnification of this lens as well, right?

No, with the 60mm it'll increase magnification by only a factor of 1.4. Use the calculator at the bottom of this page to see how the effect of a 100mm closeup lens varies with the focal length of the primary lens.

Les

Edited by reefnet

No, with the 60mm it'll increase magnification by only a factor of 1.4. Use the calculator at the bottom of this page to see how the effect of a 100mm closeup lens varies with the focal length of the primary lens.

Les

Right, so given the steep price I may as well just get a 2x TC.... would be nice to be able to switch between macro and super macro though

i just checked the link out you sent and had never seen this company, its a significantly cheaper price then the macro mate, hmmmmmm

Edited by HappyBubblz

Right, so given the steep price I may as well just get a 2x TC.... would be nice to be able to switch between macro and super macro though

i just checked the link out you sent and had never seen this company, its a significantly cheaper price then the macro mate, hmmmmmm

You went to Les's site. There is a lot of discussion on the various possibilities of add on macro lenses here

http://wetpixel.com/forums/index.php?showt...9&hl=subsee

do take a look. I use a SubSee and it is a good lens, but depending on your lens/port it can be a bit soft in the corners.

Bill

You went to Les's site. There is a lot of discussion on the various possibilities of add on macro lenses here

http://wetpixel.com/forums/index.php?showt...9&hl=subsee

do take a look. I use a SubSee and it is a good lens, but depending on your lens/port it can be a bit soft in the corners.

Bill

Thanks Bill, that was very helpful, I did try doing a search but did not find that debate. I think I need to get a 100mm lens before I think about doing super macro with a wet diopter, Im leaning towards just getting a 2x TC as from what I understand TCs do not effect focal length.

Cheers

Fontaine

Thanks Bill, that was very helpful, I did try doing a search but did not find that debate. I think I need to get a 100mm lens before I think about doing super macro with a wet diopter, Im leaning towards just getting a 2x TC as from what I understand TCs do not effect focal length.

Cheers

Fontaine

Before investing in a supermacro tool, you should make sure it suits your needs. A good starting point would be to read the following series of articles:

Les

Before investing in a supermacro tool, you should make sure it suits your needs. A good starting point would be to read the following series of articles:

Les

Ive been reading that one, very informative...

Ive just been to the camera store and they are telling me NO TC exists that fits onto the canon 60mm!!!! does anyone know if this is true, i cant believe it and think the guy must not know what hes talking about.

He's correct. The 60 is an EF-S mount lens, while the teleconvertors on the market are designed for EF lenses.

He's correct. The 60 is an EF-S mount lens, while the teleconvertors on the market are designed for EF lenses.

Right so the 100mm must be an EF lens right?

I think im going to forget about super macro for the moment and just concentrate on getting a WA setup and come back to SM when I can afford to get a 100mm lens.

Sponsors

Advertisements