Scubysnaps

Dome port for the G9 and Ikelite housing

Thamks Tim, I get it slight with my Epoque but usually tend to crop it later if I'm missing nothing around the edges, if I dont want to crop it I clone and heal the corners back

;):D;):good::(^_^

EUREKA!!! A fisheye with M67!!!!!

Thanks Diggy, do you have one of these?

No woody, but would love to see some results, if someone out there has got one ?

I am using the inon with the dome port and yes i still have to zoom in to avoid soft corners with this combo ! I use the short port on the Ikelite housing. I also have an Ikelite/epoque wide angle lens which just screws on. This lens worked well for some time BUT the salt water sooner than later takes a toll on the coating and post that this lens is not quite useful. You also have to zoom in a bit using this lens to avoid soft corners. With the inon/dome port combo the front element of the lens remains dry and hence the coating is not affected.

Hope that helps,

Cheers,

Diggy

Edited by diggy

Thanks Diggy!

I've never had a problem with seawater on my Epoque by the way?

I've had it about 4 years..100 dives I guess

Dyron got back to me with photo examples, (other than the small ones on their site I linked to earlier?) they are apparently on this guys blogsite www.ludi.fr but couldnt quite find out which photos the trip they were on, (probably because I cant see Jalbum in here) anyone speak French find them better? I've emailed him too

Edited by The Woodster

Dyron got back to me with photo examples, (other than the small ones on their site I linked to earlier?) they are apparently on this guys blogsite www.ludi.fr but couldnt quite find out which photos the trip they were on, (probably because I cant see Jalbum in here) anyone speak French find them better? I've emailed him too

Paul, I spoke to CU yesterday about the Dyron fisheye and they were just about to start evaluating it. I may have been tempted to drive to Devon and pick up one to take out with me on Saturday but its an expensive mistake to make!! By the time I get back in the last half of August they should have worked it all out. I'm still a little unsure at what FOV all vignetting is removed - 130 degrees or 160 degrees? Hey, by then you'll be able to tell me :D

I like the idea of a 'dry' port and the opportunity to use the entire range of the G9's zoom. It seems as though it is Dryon's wet lenses which suffer for soft corners.

If the Dyron works it'll be a double whammy as CJ will want one too...

Edited by Timmoranuk

Paul, I spoke to CU yesterday about the Dyron fisheye and they were just about to start evaluating it. I may have been tempted to drive to Devon and pick up one to take out with me on Saturday but its an expensive mistake to make!! By the time I get back in the last half of August they should have worked it all out. I'm still a little unsure at what FOV all vignetting is removed - 130 degrees or 160 degrees? Hey, by then you'll be able to tell me :D

I like the idea of a 'dry' port and the opportunity to use the entire range of the G9's zoom. It seems as though it is Dryon's wet lenses which suffer for soft corners.

If the Dyron works it'll be a double whammy as CJ will want one too...

Yeah I spoke with them too yesterday Tim and they said that to me, Its a hell of a price to pay for a lens, not sure to be honest, see how it pans out

Ok,

only one slight problem in buying this Dyron baby, the missus! Anyone know a workaround? I wined and dined her last night, bought her flowers only the other week, but still dont get a yes

I didnt even get the chance to "ask her", she got sight of one of my enquiry emails, and said theres no way your spending £300 on a lens! (300??? hmmm ...oops)

Ok,

only one slight problem in buying this Dyron baby, the missus! Anyone know a workaround? I wined and dined her last night, bought her flowers only the other week, but still dont get a yes

I didnt even get the chance to "ask her", she got sight of one of my enquiry emails, and said theres no way your spending £300 on a lens! (300??? hmmm ...oops)

I take it you chose to allow her to continue with her erroneous estimation...? I would! :D

Ok,

I find diamonds to be somewhat persuasive. I am trying for a Nexus housing for my D90 and it would appear I am getting closer.

You offered her that diamond ring to become the missus. If it worked once.... :D

But of course, the price goes up that way.

I think Tim has it easiest. He has the...."But its for our son, honey. I need one so I can teach him how to use it." But of course, he has double the price in the end.

I am still trying to figure out how to convince her this is somehow good for the grandkids.

I am just wondering if you need to use the flat port with the Ike housing to use the Dyron wide angle lens. Obviously it impacts in the sense that if you do not need to use the flat port, you still have the option of using the macro lens in the same dive.

I find diamonds to be somewhat persuasive. I am trying for a Nexus housing for my D90 and it would appear I am getting closer.

You offered her that diamond ring to become the missus. If it worked once.... :drink:

But of course, the price goes up that way.

I think Tim has it easiest. He has the...."But its for our son, honey. I need one so I can teach him how to use it." But of course, he has double the price in the end.

I am still trying to figure out how to convince her this is somehow good for the grandkids.

:)

I know that may work but it doubles in price as you say, happens a lot!

I wonder if Tim's got his pair yet!?

I am just wondering if you need to use the flat port with the Ike housing to use the Dyron wide angle lens. Obviously it impacts in the sense that if you do not need to use the flat port, you still have the option of using the macro lens in the same dive.

The dyron is the port, it replaces any other port so cant change during dive

Sponsors

Advertisements