snookydiver

Extension ring for subal ND300

Hi.

I´m new in this forum.

Recently I decided to buy a Subal Housing for my Nikon D300.

I would like to know wich extension ring I should use in the subal 105VR port, when I´m using a kenko 2x teleconverter with nikkor 105 vr, without losing the manual focus capabilities of this port.

Can anyone help me?

Regards Nuno Gonçalves

http://www.blueman.fotopic.net

http://nunosub.blogspot.com

Hi,

For macro ports it's easy to know which one to use: take the (real) length of your teleconverter... it gives you the minimal length of your extension ring !

If your kenko 2x teleconverter is the MC7: you'll need the EXR-33 - with the Kenko PRO 300, it could be the EXR-40 but the EXR-50 will be fine if you want to add a filter in front of the lens.

Claude

Snookydiver,

I'm on my iPhone so I can't elaborate but I posted something in June about the exact ex rings that work with the ND300 & Kenko 1.4 & 2X pro TCs. The Subal 105vr port can be very difficult to operate with ex rings as that port has to hold the 105vr lens just so! I think I found the Subal 28mm + 15mm=43mm allowed for manual focus and held the lens properly. But check my post. The 20mm ex ring worked with the 1.4.

Best Carol

Hi

Thank you for the information. My TC has 4 cm of lenght, so I´ll have to order Ext40/type 4 for my subal ND300.

Best Nuno

Hi

Thank you for the information. My TC has 4 cm of lenght, so I´ll have to order Ext40/type 4 for my subal ND300.

Best Nuno

I tried the 40mm ex ring and it wasn't long enough for my Subal ND300/Subal 105vr port/Kenko Pro 2X TC - but some of the Subal 105vr ports are a little different, I have one of the earlier ones. You can order the 40mm ex ring but be prepared to go longer, I also tried the 50mm with the Kenko Pro 2X TC and it was too long to hold the lens properly and provide manual focus. As said, 43mm has worked fine for me, but YMMV of course.....

Good Luck! Carol

Sponsors

Advertisements