dhphoto

Looking to buy 6'' or 8'' dome

Hi,

some of you may have seen that I was out looking for a 6'' dome for Subal, but I have opened up a little bit to an 8'' solution. Originally, I wanted to keep the rig as small as possible for freediving purposes, but since I think I may end up shooting a fixed rectilinear 20mm lens I am not sure whether I can make it work in a 6'' dome(?). That's why I have begun thinking about an 8''. I am not super critical about corner sharpness, but it should of course not go all mushy, so hoping a 6'' would still work... I may also shoot a Tokina 10-17 on an extender (I shoot a 5D) and if I understand correctly this works out well with a 6'' dome. Basically I am looking for the smallest possible dome to adequately cope with these two lenses. Also, since I am on a budget, I could very well be interested in an acrylic dome - I am aware it would most likely need an adapter ring to fit the Subal bayonet (Pls also let me know if you know of a good solution for adapting to Subal).

All the best,

David

Anyone? Anyone has anything...?

A used dome 6-8'', must be something out there...?

Best,

D.

Hi,

some of you may have seen that I was out looking for a 6'' dome for Subal, but I have opened up a little bit to an 8'' solution. Originally, I wanted to keep the rig as small as possible for freediving purposes, but since I think I may end up shooting a fixed rectilinear 20mm lens I am not sure whether I can make it work in a 6'' dome(?). That's why I have begun thinking about an 8''. I am not super critical about corner sharpness, but it should of course not go all mushy, so hoping a 6'' would still work... I may also shoot a Tokina 10-17 on an extender (I shoot a 5D) and if I understand correctly this works out well with a 6'' dome. Basically I am looking for the smallest possible dome to adequately cope with these two lenses. Also, since I am on a budget, I could very well be interested in an acrylic dome - I am aware it would most likely need an adapter ring to fit the Subal bayonet (Pls also let me know if you know of a good solution for adapting to Subal).

All the best,

David

HI buddy.

I have a Light & Motion optical Glass dome. New, never used.

This one:

L_M_Dome.jpg

If you're interested, send an eMail to me.

Thanks

Ken@divematrix.com

Hi Ken,

thanks a lot. I realized it is quite an undertaking having an adapter made, so I am giving it one more go at finding an original Subal dome.... Anyone out there? I am Looking for 6'' or 8'' dome.

hi!

i sent a PM earlier but wetpixel may have eaten somehow as i don't see it in my sent items folder. go ahead and either PM me or get my email address from my profile and send a message; i have a subal dp-fe2 for sale.

I have a used Subal DP-FE3 Glass Fisheye Dome Port 8" dome port. The glass is in generally good condition with one imperfection. Underwater you would see no diference. The port does not have a lens shade but you can get one from Reef Photo or Backscatter and they are not too expensive. I would want $500 for the port. The port comes with a neoprene cover.

port.jpg

Current street price is $1480. I am no longer using Subal housings. In addition I have a brand new port extension for the Nikon 12-24 lens. Street price is $170. My price is $100

Please contact me direct at rhkdiver@gmail.com or 310 404 4159

Hi,

All the best,

David

Just wanted to say thanks to all WP members who chimed in or gave offers. In the end, I had two very nice offers and would have been happy with either one.

Thanks a lot for helping me get started in this new part of photography while at the same time not breaking the bank too much.

Best,

David

Sponsors

Advertisements