DavidG

Problems with Nikon D200 battery charge

Hi everyone,

Recently I updated the firmware of my Nikon D200 to the 2.01 but since I did it every time I put a fully charge battery it display as if the battery wasn't charge. I tried with different batteries but it is always the same problem.

I read on the Nikon website that it was a problem with the previous 2.00 firmware but the 2.01 will fix it but it doesn't seen to work on my camera.

Does anyone had the same problem before?

Thanks

David

Hi everyone,

Does anyone had the same problem before?

Thanks

David

Hi David,

You did not say if you are using Nikon D200 batteries or if you purchased the less expensive batteries that were often offered on Ebay and other sites.

I seem to remember reading that the after market batteries sometimes exhibit the problems you mention. None of my 3 Nikon batteries or D200 cameras have ever had the problem you mention.

Good luck,

Barry

Hi Barry,

All the three batteries I have are original Nikon and I got them from B&H. I have been using them for the last three years and I never I had any problem with them until I updated the firmware from the Nikon website last week.

David,

I think your best bet is to open a service request with Nikon tech. services (from the nikonusa.com site). Did you do a file compare on the download? Have you tried reinstalling the patch?

Bob

Hi Barry,

All the three batteries I have are original Nikon and I got them from B&H. I have been using them for the last three years and I never I had any problem with them until I updated the firmware from the Nikon website last week.

Sounds like you need to find a friend with a Nikon that takes the same battery as your camera. Put the battery in their camera and see what happens.

Good luck,

Barry

Sounds like you need to find a friend with a Nikon that takes the same battery as your camera. Put the battery in their camera and see what happens.

Good luck,

Barry

Good tip Barry. The EN EL-3E is used in a variety of Nikon DSLRs:

For Nikon D50, D70, D70s, D80, D90, D100, D200, D300 & D700 SLR Digital Cameras

One of my four batteries consistently shows less than a full charge in the D200. The D80 shows the same result.

Bob

Sponsors

Advertisements