Ed_Dman

Anilao Trip July '09

Here are some of the shots from my recent trip to Anilao (24-28th July). Anilao is definitely one of the under-rated dive destination, but I'm always happy to be there again and again. Anilao is where the best of both world comes together, Macro & WA... Happy Viewing! :)

*All images were taken with the Lumix LX3, 10Bar Housing, Twin Inon Z240, UWL100 Achromat + Dome Unit and UCL165M67.

The Macro World...

p1010140b.jpg

p1010596t.jpg

p1010238m.jpg

p1010449t.jpg

p1010464e.jpg

p1010412jgn.jpg

p1010193xna.jpg

p1010230t.jpg

Ed.

Edited by Ed_Dman

The WA World...

p1010523f.jpg

p1010387i.jpg

p1010532v.jpg

p1010275g.jpg

p1010346fex.jpg

p1010516v.jpg

p1010344y.jpg

p1010277r.jpg

Thanks for viewing! All constructive comment or criticism are welcome... :)

Ed.

Excellent as always! I love the composition on the pygmy shot and the i like the pipefish over the frogfish. Cool... You get some really nice color with that LX3....

Thanks for sharing!

Mike

As always very impressive; and even more so to see what you do with a P&S. The key of course is that you have your lighting nailed perfectly.

Edited by loftus

Hi Ed,

I must have missed your changeover to a different camera. . . . :)

Any reason as to why you have moved away from the Canon line of compacts and the G10 in particular?

The lighting on your new Lumix seems to be 'darker' overall when compared to your Canon pics, although your pics,

as always, are simply beautiful.

Bruce...

Stunning!

Great photos!

Really enjoyed the wideangle shots.

Karel

Outstanding Ed! :)

I do like the subdued lighting; it imparts a feeling of being underwater. I was there in April. From your pics, the water must be much clearer. Aside from being very hot, what was the weather like?

Bob

Ed man strikes again..Great pictures both wide and macro. The froggie/pipefish is special :)

BTW i agree with bruce, although the clours are nice and crisp the pictures seem much darker.

Cheers,

Diggy

Hey, sorry for the late reply, as I was leading and guiding a back to back trips. Anyway, thanks for the kind words. Y'all have been great... :)

Bruce & Diggy - Thanks for letting me know. I think there's a problem with my laptop, the brightness is kinda weird. Eg. Looks nice on mine, will look too bright on others. Looks nice on others, then it'll look dark on mine. Hmm... Kinda hard to post produce my images. Anyway, thanks for the heads up, fellas.

The reason I move to Lumix is because I want a camera which allowed me to shoot both (macro & WA), rather than just macros. :)

Bob - The weather was quite ok, just a bit of rain on couple of days.

Ed.

Edited by Ed_Dman

The reason I move to Lumix is because I want a camera which allowed me to shoot both (macro & WA), rather than just macros. :)

Ed.

Gee Ed,

This is going to throw a cat amongst the bloody pigeons, but I have to ask. . . .

If you were only shooting macro, which of the two rigs would you choose, and why?

I only ask this because you have used both models, with considerable success and prowess.

Bruce...

Hey, sorry for the late reply, as I was leading and guiding a back to back trips. Anyway, thanks for the kind words. Y'all have been great... :)

Bruce & Diggy - Thanks for letting me know. I think there's a problem with my laptop, the brightness is kinda weird. Eg. Looks nice on mine, will look too bright on others. Looks nice on others, then it'll look dark on mine. Hmm... Kinda hard to post produce my images. Anyway, thanks for the heads up, fellas.

Ed.

Hmm ... I’m viewing Ed Da Man's shots on a lenovo T61 lap top. With the exception of the sponge with banca w/a, all seem nicely exposed.

LCD vs CRT???

Bob

Ed.

Ed,

Very nice images. Where do you stay in Anilao? Glad to hear you got good weather, too. I'm going in less than 3 weeks, so hope the good weather lasts.

Gee Ed,

This is going to throw a cat amongst the bloody pigeons, but I have to ask. . . .

If you were only shooting macro, which of the two rigs would you choose, and why?

I only ask this because you have used both models, with considerable success and prowess.

Bruce...

Hmm... I would say the G10.

You can always add wet lenses to shoot macro with the LX3, but you can't add WA lens on the G10 so it's really a set back. Moreover, I would prefer to be able to shoot both rather than just macros. That's the reason, I swtiched. :)

Ed.

Hmm ... I’m viewing Ed Da Man's shots on a lenovo T61 lap top. With the exception of the sponge with banca w/a, all seem nicely exposed.

LCD vs CRT???

Bob

Thanks for the feedback, Bob. That's a relief... :)

Ed,

Very nice images. Where do you stay in Anilao? Glad to hear you got good weather, too. I'm going in less than 3 weeks, so hope the good weather lasts.

I stayed at Balai Resort, it's a small & cozy resort.

I'm sure you're gonna enjoy your trip there, Anilao is simply amazing. :)

Ed.

I stayed at Balai Resort, it's a small & cozy resort.

I'm sure you're gonna enjoy your trip there, Anilao is simply amazing. :)

Ed.

Thanks. Yes, Anilao is very nice indeed. It will be my 9th visit there, but first in September...

Robin

Sponsors

Advertisements