Sign in to follow this  
gcorfield

CP5000 & Ikelite Housing Button Problem

I used my CP 5000 and Ikelite housing for the first time last week in Plymouth however I encountered an annoying problem which rendered the camera unusable. The housing push button that operates the camera's function button which is positioned on the top nearest the flash connector when underwater was continually pressing the camera button. This prevented me from changing any of the settings or taking any pictures. When out of the water the camera worked okay in the housing but the housing button was still positioned quite close to the camera button. I have looked at the housing and there doesn't seem to be anyway of adjusting the rubber push tip that operates the camera button.

Has anyone encountered this in other Ikelite housings?

Cheers

Gareth

Do you have a second digital camera? If so, could you

post a photo of the interference that you are describing?

I have not seen this problem with my rig.

You can always send anything directly to Ikelite for problem resolving, but you should be able to pull the rubber cap off the push button shaft inside of the housing and trim off 1/16" for more clearance.

Interesting that we have sold for eighteen months without anyone mentioning. Does this mean we have you people conditioned to never complain............?

I've had the same problem a couple of times.......I never use that button underwater, so I tape a small o-ring over the button. It surrounds the button and acts as a stop so the button can't be depressed by the plunger. This was supposed to be a temporary fix, but it works so well that I never sent it in to be fixed. Guess it needs a stronger spring? I only make this modification for dive trips.

Karl

The problem I had was with the Aquatica housing (quiet Ike!), but not the housing per se.

The function button would stick when I actuated it, and I could not get the camera to operate properly. Of course, I didn't figure it out until after the dive when I opened the housing up. It was the button that was stuck, not the control rod.

Could it be that the shaft is not alligned properly??

This has happened to me on a few occasions when the push button on the housing got stuck in the down position.

It only happens at depth. I found that if you grasp the button you can pull it up and then it will work fine.

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements