Girliegills

Wide Angle D200 Sea & Sea question

Hi, I am new to the forum and new to digital underwater photography. I purchased a used D200 with a Sea & Sea housing. I have a 60mm lens for close up stuff but would like suggestions for the next lens to purchase for shooting the bigger creatures.

Tokina 10-17 fisheye is what I use for wide angle and is usually the preferred lens for those of us with the Nikon DX sensor (including the d200). But I suppose it could depend on how big the creatures are that you have in mind.

Many people use the tokina 10-17mm fisheye for wide-angle, especially for large subjects that you can get close to.

Scott

Thank you for your feedback. Is the Tokina 10-17mm lens a lens you would use for a "general purpose" underwater or is there another lens that would more appropriate. If I could only have one other lens, I am asking what I should be looking at.

Thank you for your feedback. Is the Tokina 10-17mm lens a lens you would use for a "general purpose" underwater or is there another lens that would more appropriate. If I could only have one other lens, I am asking what I should be looking at.

Consider these as comments from a rank beginner: If you want to take pictures of something like sharks and you're not able to get really close, the Tokina may not be the best choice. It's very wide, even zoomed, and you need to get really close to your subject. That's also the best thing about the Tokina: it forces you to get really close and chose and frame your shots carefully. When you do that, you get better shots.

Sponsors

Advertisements