Sign in to follow this  
ekwok117

Canon A570 Housing and Inon Fisheye lens question.

Hi all. Sorry if this topic has already been discussed already. I've already searched the forum, but I'm still a little confused.

I'm pretty much set on the Canon A570IS.

I know this camera has two options for housing: the Canon and the Ikelite. I plan to get an INON 165AD fisheye lens for it.

I've read that the lens won't work with the Ikelite, but I also saw some people with that setup (I'm guessing they did some self modifications?). Can someone clear this up?

Also, I know that the lens will work with the Canon housing, but will it need an adapter or does it attach directly to it?

Thanks in advance.

I'm not sure for that particualr camera and ikelite housing but for some ikelite compact housings you can get an AD converter thing which screws onto the thread on the ikelite housing and then allows you to mount your AD lenses. I was recently, and still am, confused by that very issue.

If you have look on the ikelite website somewhere on there is a list of the mount bases which can go on various housings.

Hi all. Sorry if this topic has already been discussed already. I've already searched the forum, but I'm still a little confused.

I'm pretty much set on the Canon A570IS.

I know this camera has two options for housing: the Canon and the Ikelite. I plan to get an INON 165AD fisheye lens for it.

I've read that the lens won't work with the Ikelite, but I also saw some people with that setup (I'm guessing they did some self modifications?). Can someone clear this up?

Also, I know that the lens will work with the Canon housing, but will it need an adapter or does it attach directly to it?

Thanks in advance.

I don't know where you plan to get either housing since both are discontinued but be that as it may, I have both. The Ikelite housing as delievered works only with the 67mm thread on lenses like the Inon 100WAL and the Canon DC-12 housing will work only with the AD series lenses like the 165AD UFL or 105AD WAL.

However, I modified my Ikleite housing and built an AD adapter so that I could use my Inon 165AD UFL lens on it:

DSCF0022-1.jpg

IMO, get the Ikelite and use the 67mm lenses as I doubt you will be able to do the modifications I did or build an AD to 67mm adapter.

Edited by crawdad

Ikelite makes an adapter for using Inon's AD mount lenses on their housings. It's the #9306.80 Bayonet Mount LINK

Actually no, they don't. They have an adapter that will allow the AD lenses on some 46mm port housings but NOT on the 67mm port housings and it is the 67mm port housings that both the OP and I are addressing. The adapter I that I made and pictured is for 67mm ports.

The adapter I made threads into the 67mm port and has in it a bayonet mount recessed to allow low profile mounting of AD lenses but even at that, I had to remove the port form the housing and shorten it about 3mm and then put it back in the housing.

Shot with Canon A570 and Ike housing with Inon 165AD fisheye lens:

IMG_1541_edited-1.jpg

IMG_1544_edited-1.jpg

Edited by crawdad

Actually no, they don't. They have an adapter that will allow the AD lenses on some 46mm port housings but NOT on the 67mm port housings and it is the 67mm port housings that both the OP and I are addressing. The adapter I that I made and pictured is for 67mm ports.

<snip>

Thanks for clearing that up. I wish they'd make these details more readily availabe on their website.

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements