Big T

Big Tiger harvested in Bahamas

The picture says a thousand words.

Stew

concur - what a bloody mess.

Sad old day.

Many years ago I went shark fishing here where I live, we did catch one and I must say we put it back.

Having spent time in the water with sharks there is no way I would _ever_ fish for them again - even to put them back, I have more respect for sharks now.

Paul C

Well we're going to hear more of these sort of stories unfortunately.

This happens more often than one would think:

http://wetpixel.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=29214

Just the same, do you believe these people when they say a bull shark leapt into their boat?

http://www4.wsvn.com/news/articles/local/MI128115/

Who are these people that are so disconnected with what is going on with the state of our oceans and its inhabitants?

Just hearing about the "harvesting"of tiger sharks, you would think that there is an actual abundance of them, when in reality it is just the opposite. You have to wonder how old this shark must have been and what sort of impact it has on the oceanic ecosystem by "harvesting" it.

I'm really hoping that when they say "Bahamas" that they are not in the same area as Jim Abernathy and 'Emma' ??

If someone will shout me an airfare I might just have 'the ticket' for The Ticket. . . :)

Bruce

Just remember not too judge all spearos. Most of us dont kill evrything we see....

Well unfortunately, spearos in many areas of the world now no longer have to worry about shark attacks so the stigma won't carry to every spearo around the world.

Sponsors

Advertisements