Sign in to follow this  
Drew

New Video DSLR Owner's thread

ViDSLR Survey  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Which ViDSLR camera do you have? (you can choose more than one)

• Canon 5D Mark II
    • Canon Rebel T1i/500D
    • Nikon D300s
    • Nikon D90
    • Nikon D5000
  2. 2. Why did you buy it?

• My system is old and I wanted to upgrade anyway
    • I desired HD video in a DSLR.
    • I wanted more megapixels.
  3. 3. Do you think Wetpixel should have another section specifically for ViDSLR?

• Yes, I'm tired of looking between video and stills sections for the same camera
    • No, I like watching mods (Drew) move posts around to fit the subject

With so many topics being started over the same subject about the 5D2 video, photo settings and lighting options as well as housing options. I'm getting the feeling that this camera is either very popular or Matt has quit his job and start these threads to make fun of little cameras.

So if you are a new owner of this camera please participate in this poll. It'll help us gauge if we need a new section for ViDSLR and other ways to push this new technology around.

Thanks for taking the time to help us serve you better.

With so many topics being started over the same subject about the 5D2 video, photo settings and lighting options as well as housing options. I'm getting the feeling that this camera is either very popular or Matt has quit his job and start these threads to make fun of little cameras.

So if you are a new owner of this camera please participate in this poll. It'll help us gauge if we need a new section for ViDSLR and other ways to push this new technology around.

Thanks for taking the time to help us serve you better.

It is a good idea to do this and it may also be worthwhile to break down cameras a bit more in general since there are many threads about what lenses for x camera and they sometimes hard to find them when searching.

Maybea couple of more reasons why the purchase was made could also help. For instance, I went with the 5D Mark II because it was/is in an upgrade on both the video and still side from everything that I have seen and opens up the possibility of dropping some things to carry when travelling. So it was a combination of factors...

Of course now it looks like I may be sidelined from diving for an indeterminate amount of time and may never use the camera. :)

Of course now it looks like I may be sidelined from diving for an indeterminate amount of time and may never use the camera. :(

Pregnant? :):)

Pregnant? :):)

Of course not, there is no way that can be. (Ummm, just to make sure I am right, what is needed for me to get pregnant?)

Hi Guys,

I'm looking at buying the Nikon D90 because it is an upgrade to my D70S and will fit into my already owned Nexus housing.

I sincerely doubt that the video function will ever be used, it just doesn't interest me at this stage and was not part of the selection process.

Bruce

For me the initial purchase of the 5D2 was unquestionably for stills. I only had a bit of curiosity about the video and frankly, before the firmware upgrade, it was pretty pathetic. However since the manual exposure control it has opened incredible oportunities for video both topside and underwater. So yes it is like having two toys instead of one when I go diving and I am loving every second of it!

Well it looks like only 8 owners of the 5D2 are online. Good then there'll be no new section. :blink:

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements