Sign in to follow this  
twinner

Fashion pool shoot

Here's one from this past weekend. Please let me know what you think.

Todd

post-5720-1250554148.jpg

I like it Todd - It definitely has that fashion feel to it. The reflection looks great and the effect you made w/ the grid looks cool. It does obscure her eyes a bit is my only nit-pick.

Cheers

James

Nice Todd, I like it for the same reasons; only thing is it's a but busy for me and my eyes don't really know where to focus. Maybe softening the periphery a bit will help.

Thanks guys,

I have to admit I had to look up periphery. :)

Do either of you use any weights to help the models stay down?

I was having some problems this time.

Thanks,

Todd

Great shot!

the effect is really cool. Colours and tones are lovely as well.

Try a vertical flip and see how that looks. It would be really cool.

I encourage the models to exhale all their air. It makes for a shorter "dive" time but makes movement so much easier.

Cheers

Cal

Thanks guys,

I have to admit I had to look up periphery. :blink:

Do either of you use any weights to help the models stay down?

I was having some problems this time.

Thanks,

Todd

Todd,

The technique for both you and your models is as follows: Both hyperventilate 5-6 times, then sink beneath the water by exhaling, NOT by swimming down. If you or your model are not sinking, blow out more air.

This technique will actually extend both your bottom times (not shorten it as Cal says) for two reasons, you have blown off CO2 which is the main drive to breathe, and more importantly, you do not waste energy flailing around to stay down.

Takes some practice and I usually practice it with the model before starting the shoot.. This is similar to freediving technique - of course don't overdo it, shallow water blackout for you and your model are not good things. I do wear a weight belt with 3-4 lbs, not because I need it to stay down, but because I'm more stable once I'm under.

Edited by loftus

Thanks for all of the advice! I agree it does look good as a vertical.

"This technique will actually extend both your bottom times (not shorten it as Cal says) for two reasons, you have blown off CO2 which is the main drive to breathe, and more importantly, you do not waste energy flailing around to stay down."

I bow to the master :blink: (and the fact that he's a doctor helps as well haha)

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements