Sign in to follow this  
khathlan

Photos from Lembeh

I was in Lembeh in late July, and have these photos for you to see and critique.

So hammer me, I can take it.

lembeh001.jpg

lembeh002.jpg

lembeh003.jpg

lembeh004.jpg

lembeh005.jpg

lembeh006.jpg

lembeh007.jpg

lembeh008.jpg

Very beautiful pictures , I see that the pink rhinopias is back !!

I agree, they are great. Numbers 6 and 4 are my favorites...but if you want me to look for something to complain about, then I would say backscatter could be cleaned up in number 6, and it would be nice if you can get the various seahorses to be facing more towards the camera--really up to them, not you. I guess i tend to prefer head on views to side views, which you can tell from my faves.

Nice shots!

#6 is very interesting, creative and good use of depth of field (or lack of it). And the purple Rinopias is one of my favorite Lembeh subjects.

As far as advice on improving...several of those shots would have looked good with a vertical orientation. When you're composing, look at the subject and visualize it both horizontal and vertical.

Kathy

Thanks to all for the comments and tips.

" several of those shots would have looked good with a vertical orientation "

This reminds me of an intersting point.

When I switched to DSLR 3 years ago I noticed that less and less of my photos are in vertical (portrait) orientation. When I was using slides , almost 25% of my photos were vertical, as the slide viewing or projection made it a good/easy choice. But with DSLR less than 5% of my shots are vertical, even if many subjects are crying for it.

The only (lame) explanation is that the horizontal viewing of digital photos (laptop, PC, large LCD ...) forces vertical shots to be compressed and hence not really pleasent. So naturally I started shooting less of them ,or even worse, cropping them into horizntal orientation.

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements