1st8Eer Reefer

Strobe Recommendations

I am in search of some guidance on strobes. I currently have a Canon Powershot A95 with a Canon WP-DC50 housing. I would like to get a functional strobe that I can use for a couple years before upgrading my entire system. Any suggestions?

I generally dive in shallow reefs up to 100' with the intention of taking various shots (e.g. fish, corals, and buddies). I am a novice and would like the strobe to be easy to use.

Thanks!

Edited by 1st8Eer Reefer

I am in search of some guidance on strobes. I currently have a Canon Powershot A95 with a Canon WP-DC50 housing. I would like to get a functional strobe that I can use for a couple years before upgrading my entire system. Any suggestions?

I'd suggest looking at the Inon S-2000, but here's a guide that should help you ...

http://www.digitaldiver.net/strobes.php

I'd suggest looking at the Inon S-2000, but here's a guide that should help you ...

http://www.digitaldiver.net/strobes.php

thank you for the information. In comparing the Inon S-2000, it appears like a good choice. Are there certain digital tray adapters that you would suggest as well?

It appears that the Inon products have stopped their US affiliation and are selling direct from Japan. Are there any issues with that?

It appears that the Inon products have stopped their US affiliation and are selling direct from Japan. Are there any issues with that?

Many on this site, including me, have purchased Inon products from Japan with good results.

thank you for the information. In comparing the Inon S-2000, it appears like a good choice. Are there certain digital tray adapters that you would suggest as well?

I'd suggest you contact Reef Photo for the answer to your question about the tray adapters. Many Wetpixel folks (including myself) deal with Reef Photo on a regular basis. They are great to do business with and really take care of their customers.

There were some discussions here on Wetpixel about Inon's decision to stop their US affiliation (Inon America). But you can get the strobe at Reef Photo. Here's the link.

Reef Photo

Hope that helps,

Ellen

I know that this is an old thread now, but I stopped by Reef Photo on Tuesday of this week and picked up a new Inon Z240 strobe. Richard was extremely helpful! The strobe I purchased was the newer Type 4 model, and everything will be covered under warranty through Reef Photo. I second the motion that Ellen made to give these people a call when you need some assistance, especially with questions in regard to Inon. ;) Thanks, Reef!

Dustin

A95! I started with that camera and loved it. Obviously I would not suggest buying a 600$ strobe for that camera. I've seen Bonica slave strobes for 150$ that would probably work.

That said, I'd stick to ambient light and get a g11 later but that's just me ;-)

Sponsors

Advertisements