Sign in to follow this  
marydiondiver

New Shark Safe Network Website

When you have a minute, please check out this new website - http://www.sharksafenetwork.com

We want to encourage and enable more people to get involved with shark conservation and also encourage cooperation and communication among shark conservation groups.

On the website you can find:

*What shark conservation groups around the world are doing to save sharks and how you can support their efforts.

* How to start your own shark conservation campaign in your community.

* Urgent Alerts on important shark conservation issues – Please check today’s Urgent Alert about protecting Florida sharks.

For each of seven main campaign areas, the Shark Safe Network website provides:

*Overview of the issues

*Campaign goals

*Action plan

*Materials to download – Brochures, Sample letters and more

*Links to more information and resources

*Information on current campaigns you can join

It’s been a huge project to compile all this information and create all these materials, but there’s much more to do! Please send us your ideas on how we can improve this resource for you and for the sharks!!

Thank you!

Mary O

Hi Mary, saw the new site a couple days ago and added it the AquaPages Directory for Marine Science & Conservation - Organizations , as well as adding the blog site to our grouping of spot-lighted Blog sites.

Also, I would like to say thanks for your support at the FWC hearings in our campaign to have the Fish & Wildlife Commission place the Lemon Shark in a prohibited species listing, which as I understand it, are very, very close to getting.

Hi Mary,

Great initiative and nice looking website.

Have you heard of the Shark Alliance? It's group of about 75 NGOs fighting for shark conservation. We've achieved quite a lot in Europe already, and the Alliance is probably going global soon. I think you could join or collaborate in other ways. Feel free to drop me a PM for contact information.

Joris

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements