blueglass

semi-fisheye macro lense finally available !

Hi,

It has been a long wait since it was announced at last DEMA, but the new Inon semi-fisheye macro lens is finally available.

At this point it's only good for Inon X2 housing for Canon D40 and D50 with APS-C (1.5 conversion) sensor equipped with 60 macro lens and special port. Let's hope they make a model for Nikon 1.5 sensors and adaptable to other housings but very accurate aligning is needed for this kind of lenses so I guess that won't be probable in the near future.

Looking forward to hearing from the first lucky owners of this toy that opens exciting new possibilities to underwater photography.

Cheers,

Carlos Villoch

Wow, finally. I want to have it ;)

But looking at that link i wonder, wether this is a wetlense or not. Because you can clearly see O-Rings, where it is connected with the port ... i have already many INJON Ports and don't really want to buy a new one ... Anyone knows more about this?

Serge

i have already many INJON Ports and don't really want to buy a new one ... Anyone knows more about this?

Serge

I am not sure if it is a wet lens or not, but you do need the new 60 port to be able to align the adaptor properly. They have two versiones of the port, one with a magnetic system to rotate the focus ring, without gears. The semifisheye macro adaptor is used in manual focus and TTL doesn't work.

This wet lens screws into the 67 mm threads in the Inon macro port and has a fisheye angle of view of around 130 degrees. Inon also has a macro port with the same 67 mm threads for the Olympus mount housings (Olympus, SeaTool, Nexus and UK-Germany), using the Olympus 50 mm macro lens.

Athena also makes macro ports with the 67 mm threads for the Olympus mount, Sea & Sea, SeaTool and Zillion housings. It should be interesting to see how this lens will work with these other port and lens combinations.

Phil Rudin

http://www.sfups.org/Galleries/PhilRudin/index.html

This wet lens screws into the 67 mm threads in the Inon macro port and has a fisheye angle of view of around 130 degrees. Inon also has a macro port with the same 67 mm threads for the Olympus mount housings (Olympus, SeaTool, Nexus and UK-Germany), using the Olympus 50 mm macro lens.

Athena also makes macro ports with the 67 mm threads for the Olympus mount, Sea & Sea, SeaTool and Zillion housings. It should be interesting to see how this lens will work with these other port and lens combinations.

Phil Rudin

http://www.sfups.org/Galleries/PhilRudin/index.html

apparently the problem to use this lens with other hosings is that they can't guarantee the proper accurate alignment between the l60 mm lens and the port, which they have been very careful about in the X2 housing. I am sure it's possible to adapt it with some kind of custom adaptor and patience.

Wow, make the housing look like a anteater. And not inexpensive! Wonder how long it takes to get used to framing something with that thing?

Hi,

It has been a long wait since it was announced at last DEMA, but the new Inon semi-fisheye macro lens is finally available.

At this point it's only good for Inon X2 housing for Canon D40 and D50 with APS-C (1.5 conversion) sensor equipped with 60 macro lens and special port. Let's hope they make a model for Nikon 1.5 sensors and adaptable to other housings but very accurate aligning is needed for this kind of lenses so I guess that won't be probable in the near future.

Looking forward to hearing from the first lucky owners of this toy that opens exciting new possibilities to underwater photography.

Cheers,

Carlos Villoch

I have been concerned about this, but last few month , I could get picture, which was just llike same stuff that only possible by inon lense . For this, I used tokina 10-17 plus 1.4 Teleconverter with crop body camera. These would be compatible for macro wide shot. I think these have same purpose of inon new lense system but problem is I dont know about the comparision about depth of field in both.

post-25407-1253679740.jpg

That thing looks freaky! It's scary thinking about it just snapping off. The results look pretty interesting though. That anemone fish example, for the lack of a better word, looks ridiculously cute.

Hi Cho,

I have also been taken the 10-17 to the extreme in CFWA, but this new lens goes one big step further. Just imagine the shrimp in your beautiful photo would take 75% of the frame, and still show the diver in the background...

And being able to take photos with just a thin narrow "stick" will allow approaches that were unthinkable until now.

This does look great. Does anyone know who the Inon importer is to the UK (or Europe for that matter). Cameras Underwater stock their strobes but dont seem to have their housings. Inons English webpage is a work in progress....

Cheers

Hugh

I heard that INON devote 18,000,000 yen($200,000) to development in this project from Inon's staff.

Btw, This lense is priced at 93,450 yen.

It released on 25 Sep 2009.

It appears to be very much like a thing we called a 'snorkel lens' that was very popular among television commercial makers in the '80s.

Hi Cho,

I have also been taken the 10-17 to the extreme in CFWA, but this new lens goes one big step further. Just imagine the shrimp in your beautiful photo would take 75% of the frame, and still show the diver in the background...

And being able to take photos with just a thin narrow "stick" will allow approaches that were unthinkable until now.

Thank you for comment. Anyway I would like to try to use inon new lense system, it will make me happy.

Sponsors

Advertisements