Sign in to follow this  
Stephen H.

Mantis Shrimp with Eggs

EDIT: I believe that this should fix the problem! Thank you Hanir, and enjoy the two shots I wanted to post!

post-22362-1254156432.jpg

Note: using AdobeRGB space after the file is converted from RAW with Lightroom

Edited by Stephen H.

Wow! That's an amazing photo man!

The AdobeRGB colourspace would explain the washed out colours on the web. Most browsers don't support multiple profiles (I think Safari and the latest Firefox does though). Try converting them to sRGB (edit > convert to profile in photoshop).

Looks quite nice and doesn't look washed out to me though (probably cos I don't know what I'm comparing with hehe).

Hey, I've changed the profile and uploaded it to save you the trouble of checking. Does this one look better? It looks the same to be but that may just be my browser.

EDIT: yeah just checked with IE and the colours are definitely more washed out in the originals. All 3 look the same in firefox.

post-22527-1254119222.jpg

Edited by Hani Amir

Fantastic images!!!

There is no way around it. My "prep for web" action in Photoshop includes a saturation bump of 10-15 for the same reason as you noted. This is regardless of the color space used. It's the difference between a color managed environment and unmanaged environment. When I started using SmugMug, the same "bumped" jpegs now are over cooked with saturation.

Must be tough having shots like that  :D

Great photos!

Hanir that made the world of difference to me! Wish I had known it to be so simple! Woohoo!!!

Thanks for the comments on the shots. They really are a couple of my favorites and I wanted to share them.

very nice, great detail on the eggs!

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements