Sign in to follow this  
Turbo

cant get this coral to look good, help needed

before i edit these picutres i look at them and am very happy and think that there are alot of potentail but when i try to edit them these white lines just seem to pop up. ive realized that the white lines are there the whole time but when i mess with the contras the lines stay and everyhting else looks nice. what can i do to make this picture look better:

the picture in this post is unedited the on in the next post in an example of the white lines.

post-24602-1254150924.jpg

Edited by Turbo

these are some simular shots that show what happens when i edit them, for me i can sligtly minimize them by lowering the clarity and then uping the clarity on the blenny. ive also tryed high saturation and graduated filter with limited succsess.

post-24602-1254151301.jpg

Hi Torbo,

You might try adding just a touch of "fill light" to bring the little guy out of the shadow and see if you like that. You might also try adding a post crop vignette to slightly darken the edges of the image. It helps to focus the viewers eye on the fish. I'm assuming the white lines your seeing are the detail of the coral. To bring that effect down the clarity slider works well as you discovered.

Have fun,

Steve

Its hard to know how you envisage what the final result should look like, and indeed everyone's interpretation will be different.

If by white lines you mean the lines in the coral itself, it is part of the image and any increase in contrast will bring them out.

I had a go at your image, but I don't really know what you are after !

Best of luck.

post-22576-1254232367.jpg

I cant find the white lines mentioned in the first post. If it is the stuff on the coral, it is just like Steve said : not an artifact but part of the picture....

i guess you mean the line within the coral like the others have said - they are just part of the coral. i like what cpix has done to your original image, maybe a touch more contrast, a touch of warming, and its good to go. i do think your edited example is definitely over photoshopped, looks a little nuked. just be gentle with those sliders....

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements