loftus

Expected Nikon announcement October 15th

It looks pretty certain that Nikon will be announcing a new SLR on Oct 15th in Paris.

http://nikonrumors.com/

It appears though it will be a D3s with 1040p video and 14fps. Certainly a pretty sweet machine for topside action photography, though for underwater a D700 body upgrade would be of more interest.

1040p @ 23fps, I hear. :D

Whatever happened to the D700x/D900 we all made up in our own minds..

Probably a good thing for me it probably won't materialize; not something I really need, but probably couldn't resist.

Probably a good thing for me it probably won't materialize; not something I really need, but probably couldn't resist.

Air, food, clothing, shelter are not need, but mere wants when compared to a new camera. You have to need it for something. Resistance is futile (while resist seems to be the going theme, figured might was well go with it :D )

I heard one guy that knows what's coming wants to sell is Cannon 5D Mk II gear.

Why? So he can buy a 7D? :D

how about a d90x? :D

Ah but who will be the first one to come out with RAW video in ViDSLR? :D 2010/11 peeps!

Wagsy - are you refering to a very good photographer in WA? I sure hope his intel is correct :D

If they don't bloody release it soon I will be crossing over to the dark side...

I'm waiting for the 30-34MP D900 with no AA filter and 1080P @ 60FPS. :D

Looking at the 13"x19" prints I'm making from my D700 on my new r2880, I'm gonna wait out a DSLR cycle and probably buy a G11.

... I'm working again - at least temporarily ... ;-)

Ah but who will be the first one to come out with RAW video in ViDSLR? :D 2010/11 peeps!

There is a new rumor within the last week or so that that the 1D Mark 4 will have Digic V and ability to shoot RAW video. And a real new rumor it is coming this month and not early next year as had been prevoiously thought. The only one I think is true is that the camera is coming before the Olympics. After that, who knows...

I love rumors :fishblue:

I'd be happy to buy a D700x with the D3x 24Mp sensor IF it fits in my new D700 housing the way a D3x fits in a D3 housing. Might even buy a second housing and sit out the next couple cycles. How much more do you really need than 24Mp for resolution when you consider the performance of most full frame lens. Plus you'd have the D700 to try really innovative low light shots. The ultimate in economy is longevity, like the 10, yes 10 years I've gotten from my F5 cameras.

Fred

i got 5 with a D70 but then again.. i am cheap :P going for 10 with the D90

Well it looks like I'm going to the dark side because it seems very unlikely that the D700X will be announced soon.

Just gotta decide whether to go 7D or full frame with the 5DII

My little mouse tells me its a D3s, with 720 video and a humongous ISO rating 10.000 plus.

$5000 + for a 12 megapixel camera. This thing had better be able to shoot in total darkness ^_^ , and the pictures should look like they were taken in broad daylight. Otherwise, it seems rather high priced. I am sure the "pre-production" pictures will soon be posted.

$5000 + for a 12 megapixel camera. This thing had better be able to shoot in total darkness ^_^ , and the pictures should look like they were taken in broad daylight. Otherwise, it seems rather high priced. I am sure the "pre-production" pictures will soon be posted.

Looking at the specs, with high ISO capabilities, video with stills on the fly etc. This still appears to be the photojournalists camera of choice irrespective of MP, even if there's nothing new to excite underwater photographers.

Looks like it will shoot in the dark. First impression of the D3s here: http://www.bjp-online.com/public/showPage.html?page=870011

ISO to 12800, with boost to 102,400. That's crazy!

With this offering it looks to me as though Nikon are targeting the PJ market

sector that it pretty much owns with the D3.

Cost is less of an issue in this market.

Makes sense as that is probably where the money is. Hopefully the low(er) noise hi ISO

sensor technology will drift out into the pro-sumer range of offerings over time.

Is this the end of the mp war?

Is this the end of line for crop sensors?

Next few years will be interesting.

Paul C

Edited by PRC

Sponsors

Advertisements