Sign in to follow this  
Andy Morrison

Aquatica D90 Housing

Does anyone know why the Aquatica housing for the Nikon D90 is so much cheaper than their other housings? What am I missing?

Does anyone know why the Aquatica housing for the Nikon D90 is so much cheaper than their other housings? What am I missing?

Not sure Andy, but I bought one. It seems to have all the same features and controls all the relevant function. Maybe less machining from a smaller block of aluminum?

The housing is rock-solid, impeccable workmanship. I've only had one small complaint, which should have been corrected on latter production runs, relating to the shutter release mechanism's point of contact on the camera's shutter release button. Should have a replacement part any day now.

They are able to maintain their pricepoint by improvements in their manufacturing process. The front half of the housing is machined from Billet ( a block ) Aluminium while the rear half is much thinner by design and is able to machined from a much thinner Flat stock.

Aquatica have a commitment to giving excellent value for money.

I also have a D90 and an Aquatica Housing.

I am very, very, very satisfied. This is truely high quality.

You have high value for money.

Damien

Hi Andy,

Here in Ireland Aquatica and Subal are within a few Euros of eachother. I just received a Subal housing for my D300, hence i would reccomend Subal.

Be sure you total the cost of any new rig to include extension rings, gears and ports, etc. Best of luck.

Kind regards,

Log.

By the way I love your site, bloody fantastic images.

By the way I love your site, bloody fantastic images.

Thanks! I am not thinking of switching to Nikon but was simply curious why it was so much cheaper than their other offerings. They are enticing housings for sure. Thanks everyone.

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements