Sign in to follow this  
tdpriest

Long, long ago (well, June) in Belize

A link to some Caribbean images:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/timsdiving/se...57622432026069/

It has only taken me four months to produce these images: perhaps because the NHS is everything that Fox News thinks it is, perhaps because of the other trips: Scapa Flow (images up: http://wetpixel.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=32274 ) and Grand Cayman (images, maybe, one day...).

Tim

:P

Edited by tdpriest

Hi Tim,

Thanks for posting - they're great images. While there are a bunch that stand out for me, you've made all of them look as though there's no water... and the associated problems it creates! Nicely done - it's part of the look I'm striving for in my own work.

Cheers,

Lee

hey how did you get all those colours in the squid shots. did they look that colourful under water?

... you've made all of them look as though there's no water...

How is it done? Apart from the obvious: long strobe arms, strobes at half power or less and angled outwards, and Caribbean visibility? A bit of Photoshop, and not showing you the other 2000 images!

Tim

hey how did you get all those colours in the squid shots. did they look that colourful under water?

Two strobes, aimed more-or-less directly at the squid, and shooting against a dark background give the pastel blue, purple and red colours. I'm not sure if they are pigment colours from the squid's photophores or interference colours from the outer integument, but they are quite different from the colours that I get when the squid is against the bottom, which are from the photophores:

post-4522-1255285960.jpg

post-4522-1255285998.jpg

Tim

Edited by tdpriest

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements