Sign in to follow this  
jsanko

Lights for video?

Howdy all. With the understanding that depth and other conditions may influence the answer, as a beginner videographer with a Canon HD camera likely in an Equinox housing, (haven't bought one yet...) how important are external lights to get a quality finished product? Most cameras work pretty well with low light conditions and with a red filter I figured I would neutralize some of the blue effect. At any rate, I would appreciate any advice.

Cheers.

Howdy all. With the understanding that depth and other conditions may influence the answer, as a beginner videographer with a Canon HD camera likely in an Equinox housing, (haven't bought one yet...) how important are external lights to get a quality finished product? Most cameras work pretty well with low light conditions and with a red filter I figured I would neutralize some of the blue effect. At any rate, I would appreciate any advice.

Cheers.

You might try posting this in the video section.

I looked in the video section to see if this was reposted, but did not see it. Did I miss something, or does it still need to be responded too??

You can never have enough light (though you can have it in the wrong place [e.g., all close to the lens]). I recommend at least a two-point source 21w bulbs or greater each.

You can never have enough light (though you can have it in the wrong place [e.g., all close to the lens]). I recommend at least a two-point source 21w bulbs or greater each.

Some Sola Video 1200 lights would do the trick.

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements