ViperDoc

Nikon D200 Settings

I've been shooting my D200 for about 2 years now and I'm wondering if the experts on the board might have some settings that they found have helped in getting the best shots. I know that most have long since upgraded (and if I could justify it I would too) but I figure that I should spend my energies on improving my shooting skills and artistry along with my diving. So I figure that over the last 2 years some of you had to have discovered what tweaks to the D200 shooting and setting menus helped give your photos a little more uumph. I've done a search and only one article popped up way back when the D200 first came out.

Thanks for any help.

Dave

I've been shooting my D200 for about 2 years now and I'm wondering if the experts on the board might have some settings that they found have helped in getting the best shots. I know that most have long since upgraded (and if I could justify it I would too) but I figure that I should spend my energies on improving my shooting skills and artistry along with my diving. So I figure that over the last 2 years some of you had to have discovered what tweaks to the D200 shooting and setting menus helped give your photos a little more uumph. I've done a search and only one article popped up way back when the D200 first came out.

Thanks for any help.

Dave

Dave-

There are no "best settings". Every setting is different depending on subject, lens, distance, strobes used, available light, etc. etc.

hey ViperDoc,

Sorry for not directly answering your question, but I find tweaking the menu settings don't have a big effect on the "uumph" of a photo, compared to the subject selection, lens selection, composition, and lighting you choose. I do discuss some settings here.

Doing some post-processing changes of levels, contrast, tonal range etc. can also help, although I find post-processing rarely changes a bad photo into a good photo.

Good luck and feel free to post photos that you are not happy with.

Scott

Sponsors

Advertisements