Sign in to follow this  
mborosch

First time macro…..Suggestions?

First time macro…..Suggestions?

I got my macro port this week and I wanted to try it out, but I've been waiting on my new prescription mask and when I got my mask had come in too (great job on the mask,Dr Leonard Maggiore for Long Beach NY www.rxdivemask.com)

Any way I prepped the camera and strobes and got a bunch of kids pool toys. I was using a 5D MKII in an Aquatica housing, with the sigma 50mm 2.5, 2 sea & sea 110's with diffusers (NON TTL) and a big blue focus light. Shooting at ISO 200 shutter speed 200 and F-11.

I think I did pretty good, I played around moving the lights, changing ratios between the 2 lights. I felt good about the fish that was suspended. I would have liked to have had softer light on the toys on the bottom of the pool, but it's not bad.

Please keep in mind that I have only been doing underwater photography for a short time (but a professional photographer for over 20 years) I've shot wide angle twice in the Florida Keys and 2 female models in the pool and now this new macro stuff. These are RAW images straight of the camera, no corrections in Lightroom and no sharpening.

I'm totally open to any suggestions……

Thanks

Mark

macro-001.jpg

macro-002.jpg

macro-003.jpg

macro-004.jpg

macro-005.jpg

macro-006.jpg

macro-007.jpg

macro-008.jpg

macro-009.jpg

macro-010.jpg

These shots are very nice! I really like image # 6 - the most important part of the image appears to be in focus.

Good use of fast shutter speed, too. I'm partial to shots with black backgrounds.

Ellen

These shots are very nice! I really like image # 6 - the most important part of the image appears to be in focus.

Good use of fast shutter speed, too. I'm partial to shots with black backgrounds.

Ellen

Ellen thanks for the compliment, those images were shot in the pool last night, I need to try the same thing in the pool during the day, to see if I can get the ambient light to go dark or even black. The only problem is my camera only sync's up to 200.

Mark

everything looks nice!

suggeston - I think you need to get in the ocean! :)

I like the compositions in 4,5,6,9,10

I would not have cut off the arm of the starfish in the 2 starfish photos.

Scott

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements