Don Silcock

Wide-angle Macro - again....

As I wrote in the original articles I wrote on this technique back in 2006, the inspiration actually came from the type of shots I was seeing coming from compact cameras. The motivation was to try and copy them with an SLR.

The specs in your picture are particles in the water. They can occur in the technique because you are manoeuvring the camera (and yourself) very close to the seabed to take the picture. It is easy to stir a few things up.

Sometimes they can be stretched into scratch shapes from a little bit of directional camera shake during the photo. Nothing too bad though in your image - certainly not distracting. You could clean them, or leave them in for a less sterile look.

Alex

Alex,

Cheers for the feedback, have looked closely now and agree this is probably sediment. it was black sand/silt and it probably wasnt the most cautious of approaches! Had the picture in my head and ideas what i wanted to acheive and prob rushed into it.

Anyway, sorry about the massive picture, am trying to sort out my own website to host pictures, but in the meantime how would i resize images for upload, or is this done in photoshop?

Olly

Sponsors

Advertisements