Mike L

New Fisheye Fix Housings for 2 Canon cameras

I just returned from DEMA and there was some great news at the Fisheye/Reef Photo Booth. Fisheye should be shipping the Fix G11 housing this month! I got my hands on a prototype and its a beauty! It too will use the UWL-04 fisheye wide angle lens like the G10, and will use the same flip macro lenses. Pricing is not set yet, but is likely to be $1099

Also, I had the chance to see diagrams of the planned S90 housing which should ship before the year is over. The S90 housing is approximately the same size as the g11 camera body!! That means two excellent new compact machined aluminum housings this year!

Also, I had the chance to see diagrams of the planned S90 housing which should ship before the year is over. The S90 housing is approximately the same size as the g11 camera body!! That means two excellent new compact machined aluminum housings this year!

Shipping before THIS year is over?

There are photos of the housing in the DEMA coverage on the front page. Check 'em out.

Here are some quick images of the unpainted FIX G11 Housing. It is virtually identical to the G10 housing, but does have a much improved rear command dial that is easier to operate.

The UWL-04 semi-fisheye port will be available in both acrylic and glass, as well as an air lens that restores the in air field of view. All other Fix G10 accessories are compatible. We are expecting the G11 housing to start shipping in the next 2-3 weeks, but there is a large preorder queue that will delay new orders further.

IMG_3521.jpg

IMG_3520.jpg

The S90 is an extremely exciting product. We have yet to determine lens compatibility an accessories, but here are some CAD Images that show the excellent command wheel placement.

001.jpg

003.jpg

This is my favorite image of them all! From left to right, models of the S90 Camera, Fix S90 Housing, and Canon G11 Camera! This housing will be approximately the same size as the G11 camera!

041.jpg

Thanks for uploading the pics Ryan. The G11 will likely be $1099. I do not believe (correct me if Im wrong Ryan) pricing is set for the S90.

Hahaha, Ill keep you posted as I hear more! Get one on pre-order for immediately delivery when they arrive

Edited by Mike L

Hahaha, Ill keep you posted as I hear more! Get one on pre-order for immediately delivery when they arrive

If the S90 will take 67mm wet lenses and wide angle lenses, need one now, yesterday and tomorrow.

Hahaha. Well, unfortunately we cant get it for you now, but you can get it on the list and get one as soon as they arrive!

Hahaha. Well, unfortunately we cant get it for you now, but you can get it on the list and get one as soon as they arrive!

Yeah, lol, wink, you did not read my statement, I only want it now if it can use wet lenses and in particular 67mm threaded lenses, if not, I don't. I already have a drawer full of cameras and housings that will not. When that question is answered in the affirmative I will be glad to get on with a purchase.

Seriously, thanks for the info.

Edited by crawdad

MikeL, I have been talking to Ryan troops about the FIX hsg for G11. Can you explain better my options for wide angle photos? I have an INON 100 WAL and know it will not fit. I know your w/a port is not a wet mount, what other possibilities exist?

Also I have three Ike strobes and a Manual Controller, I really do not want to dump them for INONs, what flash sync options exist for Ike DS?

Edited by leepix

If you would like to use the Ike strobes, Id suggest going with the optional Nikonos bulkhead. Its an option on the Fix G10 housing, and Im pretty sure it will be an option on the G11...I will double check on that and get back to you.

As far as wide angle options for the Fix housing, the only option is the Fisheye UWL-04 Fisheye Conversion lens. The Ikelite housing is has a wet mountable wide angle conversion dome. That housing is polycarbonate, and is larger in size.

MikeL thanks for info. I will look into the Nik bulkhead

Hello Mike

Do you now have any idea of which add on lense could be use on the round port of the fix housing for the s90 ??

Thank

Dominique

Edited by girelle

In case anyone is still interested, FIX has put out updated information on their Japanese Fisheye website now (not on the English one yet)! (Prototype, as with the G11 housing at Dema... the final shipping models will be all black)

We'll have to see how well everything works, but so far it looks like they read my wishlist! (Except price... if that is final, Google tells me that 71,000 yen = $792)

But clearly all three ring controls are usable, as well as all of the buttons. AD mount. Narrow lens tube. Clear port for strobe, so possible to use internal flash only. Attachments for multiple add-on lenses. Bayonet mount on top for focus light mounting. 60m depth rating (~200').

Ryan at Reef Photo had this to say:

The exact wide angle lens compatibility is still being tested. Early indications are that UWL-04 does not vignette at full wide, and is gloriously wide. The Inon lenses look usable, but still have a touch of vignetting.

The lens mount can be changed by the customer, and M67, Inon 28 AD, and Seatool ST will all be available.

We expect the first production units to ship in the US just after the Christmas holiday.

Google Translation of Japanese-language Fisheye Product Page

s90_top_bn.jpg

s90_s01.jpgs90_s02.jpgs90_s03.jpg

s90_s04.jpgs90_s05.jpgs90_s06.jpg

Sponsors

Advertisements