davichin

Just incredible...

Canary Islands. There is a beach where some (between two and four) turtles usually live being very confident with divers and then this happen.... What can we do with these "people"? Tomorrow some people will go to try and catch the poor animal....:

Picture is not mine (was sent to a friend by the environment department):

4090241335_1f2561deda_o.jpg

This wouldn't surprise me if it was coming from some place in Africa or Southeast Asia, but Spain?! :)

What is that?

A turtle that someone speared...

So sad to see, hopefully the wound is superficial enough so it can be removed and the turtle will be okay. We released a turtle last year that had been hit over the head and was in bad shape. After a year, the turtle is doing well and see on a regular basis.

Good luck and hope for the best outcome

I have concluded that human beings are very, very strange animals...and perhaps not as intelligent as we flatter ourselves into believing!

So sad to see, hopefully the wound is superficial enough so it can be removed and the turtle will be okay.

Looks to have penetrated the muscle, so should be a simple extraction and all is well. At least that is something.

I have concluded that human beings are very, very strange animals...and perhaps not as intelligent as we flatter ourselves into believing!

At least you are intelligent enough to realize this.

Many are not.

Cheers to all over the holidays.

Yep who ever did that is a complete dick head alright.. :)

What on earth would want to make someone do something like that hey....

It's funny how we see ourselves as being "superior" to animals

I hope the turtle can be rescued and treated.

If anyone finds out who did it, I'd love to go and do some spear "fishing" of my own.

Adam

The stupidity of 'some of' the human race never fails to shock me ...

Dive safe

DeanB

Well atleast thank god the asshat's aim was as bad as his intentions.

My girlfriend says that humans are more like a parasite or virus in the sense that we just breed, spread and exhaust resources without fitting into any cycle whatsoever. Disagree if you want but I doubt the world will be a very beautiful place a 100 years from now.

Sponsors

Advertisements