Sign in to follow this  
Marcelo Krause

website updated

Hi

I have uptaded my website with a new design, included some new galeries and a blog

www.marcelokrause.com

Best regards

Marcelo Krause.

Very nice Marcelo. I like the layout, the images load quickly, and the quality of the content is superb.

Wow fantastic Site Marcelo :blush: I love the home page photo, I bet that was a bit scary!?

Thanks Larry and Scubysnaps, glad to hear the website is working fine.

The homepage picture was taken in Pantanal. Caimans in Pantanal have an average size of 6 to 7 ft, and that one was about that size. They are not big like the salt-water crocodile or some species of caiman in the Amazon. I was feeding some Piranhas and some caimans approached the scene because of the fish concentration…

Marcelo Krause

www.marcelokrause.com

Wow! I saw a program last night on TV about Pirhanas, amazing, this man got into a pool of Pirhanas that hadnt been fed for a week and he was ok!?

Nice website containing some great shots, I think the Caiman shot is a cracker. There is some really good stuff on the blog section as well.

Thanks all for the nice words about the website and photos.

About the piranhas:

Much of the piranha aggressiveness we see in Hollywood movies is more of a myth than fact. Piranha can be dangerous in some situations only, according to popular wisdom in Brazil.

- When the wet season ends, and the rivers return to its regular course, many fishes become trapped on small seasonal ponds. This is a delight for birds and other predators. The trapped piranhas starts feeding on other fishes until there is none left. After that they starve for some time and then start a cannibalism phase. In that phase they are very nervous and aggressive, and may bite by instinct something that hits the water. The general advice is that if there is running water, it is safe to go, if there is not, better to avoid.

- Many river boats in Brazil usually overnight and stops on the same places regularly. They throw leftovers of food off the back of the boat, and some fishes (including piranha) became used to feed on that. If someone unaware of that decides to take a plunge on a very hot day from the back of the boat, something bad may happen.

These are some popular advices I was given on many trips to Pantanal. From time to time I hear someone saying that she/he was bitten by piranhas, but seems much more of an accidental bite than regular behavior. If you dive with piranhas I would advise not to wear shiny small things (wedding rings, earrings, etc), wear a complete wetsuit with hood and gloves and not to stay still for a long time.

Marcelo Krause

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements