mborosch

New Pool & Model Photos

Here's my third attempt at this, it keeps getting better each time. I have a few small details to workout, like eliminating the bubbles from the models and their clothing. Skin tones are little difficult to balance as the shadows, always seem to very cold. I've been experimenting with various methods to produce the best skin tones and I still do not have it perfected. Next time I plan on adding 1 or 2 on camera strobes as a very light fill light and to hopefully add a catch light to the eyes. I hope to be back in the pool again Monday night with these two again.

I'm interested to hear comments.

Thanks

Mark

C-N-J-UW-01--012.jpg

C-N-J-UW-01--004.jpg

C-N-J-UW-01--018.jpg

C-N-J-UW-01--023.jpg

C-N-J-UW-01--199.jpg

C-N-J-UW-01--220.jpg

PB090002.jpg

Nice photos.

I like all the pool model shots everybody has been doing lately. Getting very popular lately then I saw your last photo and realsied why :)

p.s. C&C = Looks like the black point has maybe been tweaked a bit much or to harsh a dodge on the second shot.

Cheers,

Richard B.

Looking really good, Mark. I think that the first challenge of working in the pool is getting the clean shots of the models floating in space, with good separation on the hair and good illumination on the models. Once you have got this sorted - and you seem to be there - you can then start dreaming up the concepts that really bring these shots to life.

I like the directional nature of the lighting, which I think can be very complementary with the model's shape.

Alex

Mark,

Thanks for posting these. Wow - what a big difference between these and the others from before. It sounds like you know what you want to work on for next time - so not much to say there. You've done a good job like Alex said of making sure these use all of the advantages that water offers - hair and garment flow, weightlessness, etc.

I think the skin tones look pretty good for a person underwater :-) I like the concepts you've tried and I think you see how the various things work. I'm sure you and the models are very happy w/ the photos (rightly so) - and that's what matters in my opinion w/ this type of shot. Let's face it we're not curing cancer here - this is art but it's also fun!

Where do you live? It's too da** cold now to shoot in Houston. Who'd of thunk it!

James

Very nice Mark; I like the modeling you have achieved with your lighting. Nice relaxed models.

Yes James, we can still shoot here in Florida, but the electric bills go up for the pool heater.

Hey Mark, these shots are a definate improvement and look great! That last photo shows just how rough you pool photographers have it, getting so cought up in your work like you have! LMAO

Mike

Wow, thanks for all the great compliments guys, you must either be a night owl, like myself or an early riser, as I posted these at about 2am last night. I keep going back to certain images looking to improve the overall skin tones and I agree with Richard that the second photo looks a little funny, however I did not do any dodging or burning on the skin, like I said I'm experimenting with the best way to make the skin tones look more natural.

I had to include the last shot, because it's just so much fun, Jeff is right, we're down here in Florida and our heat pumps are working in overtime. Our pool is currently 91 degrees, my wife teaches infants and small children water survival skills, so we have to keep the pool warm, but that will only last for another 2-3 weeks unless I can convince her t keep the heater on longer, because it does get expensive.

Thanks

Mark

Funky!

Digging the last shot :)

Sponsors

Advertisements