Sign in to follow this  
ColinMunro

Shooting video on D90?

Hi all

I'm looking for a little advice on using a D90 to shoot video underwater. Has anyone on wetpixel direct experience and can pass on their views on pros and cons? What are the limitations? are there housings that are more suitable for use in video mode? Are there any key diferences in video recording between the D90 and D300s?

Any feedback you guys can provide is much appreciated.

Colin

Hi all

I'm looking for a little advice on using a D90 to shoot video underwater. Has anyone on wetpixel direct experience and can pass on their views on pros and cons? What are the limitations? are there housings that are more suitable for use in video mode? Are there any key diferences in video recording between the D90 and D300s?

Any feedback you guys can provide is much appreciated.

Colin

I have used my D90 in an Ikelite housing with limited success on a few occasions mainly due to focus and exposure lack of control with live view. I find the Ikelite housing good and reliable. I was very disappointed with the results except for limited close up use of non moving subjects like corals which with the Tokina 10-17mm and dome port there was plenty DOF to cope with the focusing issue. I used the magic filter which was good in shallow water but now have the V8 ikelite video light which you obviously need below 12 -15m depth.

I am now only using the D90 for stills and have just purchased an Epoque housing for my new Sanyo HD2000 ( now worrying about floods with this housing - see other posts) I think horses for courses springs to mind and I will maybe try again with SLR video in future when it comes of age, which at least IMHO it has not - at least in Nikon. Sorry have no knowledge of D300s.

Hope this helps

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements