Sign in to follow this  
Stephen Colquitt

Three good ones from Tulumben

Im happy with these ones from my recent trip

to Tulumben. Thanks to Marco @BIDP for showing me a good time over there.

4244435-1-gloryhole.jpg

4244299-1-brothers-grim.jpg

4140433-1-detailed-macro-of-shrimp-on-coral.jpg

And this one is pretty close to stright out of the camera

4128020-1-whats-on-the-sea-pen.jpg

Edited by Stephen Colquitt

Great shots, I like the square cropping on the first three

That said, I like number 4 best, then number 1.

Thanks for putting them up here.

Adam

Hi Stephen!

Great job You have done down there!

Where is the moray eel hiding on the first picture? Looks like a man made tube or something ?

Third and fourth are my favourites!

And the fourt one coming straight out from the camera - excellent capture!

Karel

Fantastic work Steve, I love your compo's.

Cheers,

Jim.

Really like #1 and #4; the only thing that detracts from #1 is the OOF guy top right. Seeing as you're editing, I'd clone him out.

Edited by loftus

Not to be contrary but I love the light on #3. Thanks for sharing Stephen, :wacko:

Steve

I think this hole with peppermint shrimp is infornt of Scuba Seraya in Bali, it a concrete block to hold line and mooring boat. I remember I peeked on this hole and saw lots of shrimps but no eel.

Where is the moray eel hiding on the first picture? Looks like a man made tube or something ?

I think this hole with peppermint shrimp is infornt of Scuba Seraya in Bali, it a concrete block to hold line and mooring boat. I remember I peeked on this hole and saw lots of shrimps but no eel.

Hey Guys

This was indeed from one of the the mooring blocks at Seraya (just down deeper from the dome structure). The shrimp have set up a cleaning station there). Pretty cool to see so much stuff in there, but lighting it was very difficult (required multiple arm positioning attempts).

Thanks also to everyone else for the positive feedback on my images too. It was very nice to have some good results for a change

Nice images! I love # 4, it is so sharp! What lens did you use to achieve this image? And were any diopters used?

I was at Scuba Seraya about a year ago, don't know how I missed the those shrimp :wacko:

Ellen

Nice images! I love # 4, it is so sharp! What lens did you use to achieve this image? And were any diopters used?

I was at Scuba Seraya about a year ago, don't know how I missed the those shrimp :wacko:

Ellen

Hi Ellen - this was with the Nikon 105mm VR macro. (Aquatica flat port and exension ring). No diopters were used, but I would love to give a +10 a try some time (Jeff De Guzman has put that idea into my head).

Great Stuff...

On number one try a curves adjustment layer with the blending mode set to luminosity (so you don't have a color shift), with a mask tone down the outside of the pipe/tube, to draw your attention more towards the shrimp and the moray (don't use the doge and burn tool, that tool should not even be in Photoshop)

Just my 2 cents.....

Again great work.

Mark

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements