DiverPam

Christmas Wish List

I would love to know what is on everyone else's Christmas wish list this year - and this definitely falls in the heading unrequited gear lust in my opinion.

Here is what I would love to have!

• A second strobe - and have you seen the new DS 161 - strobe and video light in one for those of us who would like to use our HD video occassionally with our SLR camera.
  • And
  • A focusing light - and yes...if I could afford it the Fisheye one.
  • Nikon 105mm macro lens
  • Lightroom
  • Proshow Gold
  • And how to books - since I am definitely not a tech person!

"cheap" things :

a canon 580ex strobe

a 100-400

a third (offcamera) strobe

"expensive" things

a canon 24mm II

a 600mm

a trip to coco

a trip to sardine run

and more trip everywhere in the world without any pause until I die.

too bad I'm not gonna get any of these :wacko:

What a cool thread.

I'd like some strobes. I think a pair of Kurt Amsler Edition 150s - although I'd like to double check the colour temperature - because the man himself said that they were 4800, while the English manual says 4400.

I'd also like a second D700 body.

Alex

What a cool thread.

I'd like to be able to take photos as well as you do, or even 1/2 as good :wacko:

Of course a 7D or housing my 5D and actually going diving is also right up there.

I think Santa's come early in my house!

:wacko:

Maybe I'll just settle for some sunny weather in Manado :)

Ou man, ou man... Finally someone asks, what I'm thinking all day everyday :wacko:

I would be happy for a whole 7D setup with two (or three) strobes, lenses, ports etc.

17" macbook pro and a homepage.

I will not even start with the trips...

Reality strickes - I'll hopefully get a homepage :)

And if Im a very good boy, then a dSLR next year.

Cheers

Karel

First, I want a summer internship -

Shameless plug: Anyone out there need a guy with a MS in Engineering (Virginia Tech) working on his MBA to come bust his tail for you for this summer? Background is in medical device combination product development and fiber reinforced polymers. I speak a little Mandarin Chinese. Currently attending Thunderbird Global School of Management (#1 MBA program for International Business).

Second, to get a post graduation job near water...the desert (Phoenix, AZ) is not a place for a human with gills and a passion for bottom time.

Third...all the gear lusting goodies (However I need number two to justify):

Aquatica AF Macro Port for bayonet style housings

Aquatica D700 Housing for Nikon D700 (with Aquatica Extension Ring: 54.5mm)

Ikelite Digital TTL Dual Sync Cord to two DS

Two Ikelite Substrobes DS160 (DS-160)

Nikon Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED AF-S Lens

Pinnacle Evolution 2 Drysuit

The Underwater Photographer

Fourth Edition Underwater Photoshop

Nikon | AF-S Zoom Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G

Nikon 105mm f/2.8G ED-IF AF-S VR

Citizen Eco-Drive Professional Diver 300M Dive watch

Hartenberger Nano Focus and Video Light

Forth: PADI Divemaster in 2010

A second D2Xs/D2X body

a new smaller laptop-not really fussy, but it will have to be a PC as I can't afford the software for mac!

World peace

and a rubber duck! (see here!)

Adam

What a cool thread.

I'd like some strobes. I think a pair of Kurt Amsler Edition 150s - although I'd like to double check the colour temperature - because the man himself said that they were 4800, while the English manual says 4400.

I'd also like a second D700 body.

Alex

Alex - What are Kurt Amsler Edition 150s? I have not a clue what you are talking about.

And while I am on here, I want to add Dive trips to my wish list - especially Indonesia.

DiverPam

um, world peace?

oh, and a 400mm telephoto lens, a selection of filters, a better tri-pod than I currently use, a TTL adapter for my underwater strobes, a new macbook pro and a trip to the Galapagos.

And a new snow shovel. Mine's 15 yrs old and I wont part with it cause I cant find one like it anymore. :D

Just bought myself an Oly E-30 and the 14-54 vII, and breathlessly awaiting delivery. Would be nice to get a new housing for it, too.

That, and the Cotton Carrier system (www.cottoncarrier.com) for above-water treks. My wife has says not only will she never be seen in public with me wearing that, she won't buy it. Guess I gotta hit up the other relatives. ;)

Aside from that, mostly buying for others this Xmas. (In my own family, don't get any idears. I do have a small beard, but have never owned a red plush suit. with fur trim. :D )

Alex - What are Kurt Amsler Edition 150s? I have not a clue what you are talking about.

And while I am on here, I want to add Dive trips to my wish list - especially Indonesia.

DiverPam

Check out

http://www.photosub.com/

Also written a bunch of books. I am guessing that they are very expensive Seacam 150's since Kurt is (or used to be) a big Seacam guy.

Bill

Nikon 60mm micro AFS

A new spotting light. My Fantasea 360 on/off switch broke and they no longer make them. :D

Trip to Bali in 2010

Also written a bunch of books. I am guessing that they are very expensive Seacam 150's since Kurt is (or used to be) a big Seacam guy.

They are special editions of the Seacam Seaflash 150s - although I think that they may be slightly cheaper as they are manual only. Apart from colour temp, seem perfect in just about every other way for wide angle. And if they turn out to be 4400K then the colour temp is good too.

Anyway, Kurt is the New Year Edition of my A Conversation With series - and we talk about the work he does for Seacam, which is fascinating.

Alex

p.s. Instead of World Peace, how about Forum Peace between Canon and Nikon users?

Come on Alex be realistic-world peace-easy

Nikon vs Canon-talk about impossible!

:D

Adam

what is this christmas thing you all speak of?

hmmm

10-17 lens and a couple of strobes.

and...

umm, never mind :D

Sponsors

Advertisements