Why Hitler Doesn't Dive the Channel Islands

"run over the bastards"

Classic! :D

Steve

LOL !! :D

Thanks for posting - very funny indeed!

Karel

Oh that was hilarious! "They laughed at my snorkel."

OK I gotta ask though, what's a Warhammer?

Cheers

James

Oh that was hilarious! "They laughed at my snorkel."

OK I gotta ask though, what's a Warhammer?

Cheers

James

Great video! Very well done.

James - a Warhammer is the computer game of fantasy battles. Check it out with google.

Bob

But he said "If I'm on the surface it's not a warhammer" I don't get it...

Cheers

James

warhammer is taking a crap underwater without a wetsuit.. ;) trust me, you don't want to google it

well, it actually references a video that made the rounds a few years back of some diver who went down and did his business while someone filmed it...

his nickname is/was warhammer...

Try typing in warhammer on scubaboard.. its a banned word there. :D

That was great! But I too am at a loss on the warhammer line.

All right then - now I know. Just not sure I wanted to know.....

Edited by RickM

That is sooooo funny - and FWIW I live in the Channel Islands that some of Hitler's mates visited in the 40's.

Paul C

Fantastic, really enjoyed that.

Lee

Now that was funny... :lol:

Party-pooper time:

... would this have been greeted with the same hilarity if it had been Osama bin Laden? ... or Howard Shipman (look it up...)?

Scrooge

:lol:

Party-pooper time:

... would this have been greeted with the same hilarity if it had been Osama bin Laden? ... or Howard Shipman (look it up...)?

Scrooge

:lol:

My guess is that if there were a movie about them that could have been hacked the same way then yes but tough to know until one appears. Neither Shipman nor Bin Laden have had enough time from their infamy IMHO.

Bill

Party-pooper time:

Scrooge

Tim,

I hope that it would Tim, in all of this PC correct world that we inhabit there sometimes needs to be out-takes and crikey the brits practicality invented this type of humour.

As far as I am aware I am the only punter on this board from the 'real' Channel Islands and Hitlers mates DID invade them and WERE responsible for some very ugly stuff.

They did however leave us with a fine collection of wrecks to dive.

I still think the spoof is hilarious, but then again I also received several Howard Shipmen and countless bin Laden text message jokes when they were about.

Paul C

Edited by PRC

Party-pooper time:

Scrooge

:D

Mocking the mental anguish of criminals against humanity is just fine by my book. As opposed to say lauding them or showing them any sort of respect of any kind.

It's an internet meme. No different than all the different rants that have been attached to Christian Bale's meltdown on the Terminator:Salvation set. (In that case, its just funny to mock the incredibly self-indulgent outrage of someone way too full of himself for his own good).

Is either one in "good taste"? Probably not - the 'warhammer' reference alone guarantees that. But yes, if Osama were similarly spoofed and made to look like an imbecile, I'd find it very funny. Preferably if same was done after he'd been caught and appropriately sentenced for his crimes by a suitably reserved court of law (vs. the unfortunate spectacle that Saddam's trial became). Mocking the memory of monsters is (one hopes!!) one way of remembering them and hopefully innoculating society against future equivalents. I know, I'm dreaming there. Humanity will just introduce new and totally different monsters. Merry Xmas-Eve thoughts... :)

As for Shipman, did you mean Harold perhaps, serial killer British Dr.? Might not be well known enough to be globally funny if so mocked. Don't really recall much about that story myself....

Tim,

I hope that it would Tim, in all of this PC correct world that we inhabit there sometimes needs to be out-takes and crikey the brits practicality invented this type of humour.

As far as I am aware I am the only punter on this board from the 'real' Channel Islands and Hitlers mates DID invade them and WERE responsible for some very ugly stuff.

They did however leave us with a fine collection of wrecks to dive.

I still think the spoof is hilarious, but then again I also received several Howard Shipmen and countless bin Laden text message jokes when they were about.

Paul C

Paul,

Most of the viewes here think that the Channel Islands are off the coast of California. Don't confuse them with strange geography lessons!

Paul,

Most of the viewes here think that the Channel Islands are off the coast of California. Don't confuse them with strange geography lessons!

Isn't one of your channel islands named after an American east coast state?

Bill

Sponsors

Advertisements