Sign in to follow this  
markdhanlon

SE Asian Diving for Cheap

I'm looking to go to SE Asia next summer. I've got about 5 weeks to play with and would like to visit a few different places, but don't want to spend a fortune.

I spent time in Redang, Perhentians and Sipidan, Malaysia a couple of years ago and loved Sipidan. Redang was quite nice as well. My wife and I really enjoy macro stuff.

Looking for suggestions of places to go to fill my 5 weeks.

The Philippines is great for budget macro diving. Indonesia is also easy on the budget in some places. Do a search in this sub-forum for location suggestions.

An obvious place to visit given that you like cheap, Sipadan and macro is the northern part of Sulawesi. I find the Bunaken diving more or less as good as Sipadan (fewer turtles, fewer sharks, but some of the outer parts are really amazing). For macro Lembeh is as good as it gets. I have been diving with Two Fish divers on Bunaken earlier and was happy with that, and the price is OK. Currently there is an offer on "one for full price, one for half price" which is a great deal. TwoFish now has a palce on Lembeh as well. Similan islands in Thailand also offers great diving, and some times there are great deals to be found there for live aboards.

Other places on my to-do list of cheaper places in the area is Bali, where there seems to be good critter diving and nice wide angle close by, and Komodo, which also seems really nice and offer great variation. Prices seem to be reasonable at both destinations, at last with some dive shops.

Regards

Bent

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements