Sign in to follow this  
jeroenwisman

Ikelite with a Nikkor 70-180mm Micro

I ask Ikelite a question the cant ensuring the question without the lens.

I have a chicken, egg problem :-). I will bay the 70-180mm f/4.5-5.6 ED-IF AF Micro-Nikkor lens, only of its fits in an Ikelite house.

The lens is not in the Ikelite modular Nikon port list. Is here somebody with a combination Ikelite nikkor 70-180mm micro combination? Yes? What is your combination Port Body, Focus Extension, extension ring?

I one the next Modular port system components;

Port Body #5510.10 (nikkor 10,5 and tokina 10-17mm)

Port Body #5510.20 (nikkor 12-24mm, AF-S 60mm micro)

Port Body #5510.28 (nikkor 105mm VR)

Flat port #5510.35 (nikkor 60mm 105mm VR)

It would be beautiful if I can make a combination with my existing ports.

My information is quite old but I talked to Ikelite once several years back about 70-180 as I was thinking of getting Ikelite housing. However at that time they said that there was no plan to support it. I assume that nothing has changed considered that it is getting harder and harder to find new 70-180 now so it is unlikely that Ikelite has changed its mind and support this lens.

I am sure you get more accurate and faster answer if you email directly. In the past they are very quick with answering questions.

Edited by ssra30

My information is quite old but I talked to Ikelite once several years back about 70-180 as I was thinking of getting Ikelite housing. However at that time they said that there was no plan to support it. I assume that nothing has changed considered that it is getting harder and harder to find new 70-180 now so it is unlikely that Ikelite has changed its mind and support this lens.

I am sure you get more accurate and faster answer if you email directly. In the past they are very quick with answering questions.

Ssra30, thanks for your quick responds. I sand a e-mail to Ikelite. The want test the lens to fit in the modular port system. Only I have to sand the Nikkor to the USA :-( only I don’t bay a 70-180 if it’s won’t fit in the Ikelite port system. On eBay the cost 1100 $ ex. VAT. and that’s a lot of $$$$ if its only for a test.

Dimensionwise, 70-180 is skinnier than 105VR so if Ikelite port can fit 105VR, I don't see any reason why 70-180 won't fit. The only tricky part is

that the lens is quite a bit longer and they will need to fit proper zoom gear and focus gear. You also will have to remove the tripod collar from the lens.

Mind you, port for 70-180 is usually about almost twice as long as 105VR so it is really bulky and incnvenient.

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements