Sign in to follow this  
coadavid

Canon Powershot SD960IS or Sony WX-1/B?

Both are around the same price, and both have inexpensive housings. Both have 720p video, 10+ Megapixel sensors, etc. etc. They're largely the comparable as far as specs.

The main things that seem to differentiate the Sony WX-1/B is the ability to do a 10 fps "burst shot" and "bracket shooting" in which the camera takes 3 rapid shots using 3 different exposure settings.

Generally I hear more good things about the Canon sensor as far as low-light performance. Whichever camera will produce less grainy pictures in low light is what I'd like to go with.

[NOTE: I do not intend to use an external strobe and I am freediving in Southern California, mostly in the kelp. I will most likely only use the camera during decent viz in 0-30ft.]

Any suggestions are much appreciated!

Cheers,

Dave

Get used to the sound of crickets when you post here - consumer camera section doesn't get much love. :lol:

I've used pretty much the same cameras. Used the sony w290 instead of wx-1/b, but same housing. The housing lense port on the sony makes the overall package pretty darn bulky. All things considered, I'd go with the canon.

Was gonna PM you on SB, but you changed your username?

The only real difference is autofocus speed and shutter lag.

Every sony blows away canons in this respect. Go with the sony!!

Look them up on imaging-resource.

Canons' autofocus is frustrating and sad by comparison.

I so want a G11 with class competive autofocus and overall shutter lag!!! But my old dsc-v3 still blows it away.

Sigh.

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements