Sign in to follow this  
edpdiver

Cozumel pics

Just got back from Cozumel. I thought that the diving was great. Things are continuing to improve post-Wilma. Here are some pics that turned out.

4201116601_1dc3c379de.jpg

4201870804_0351e51dc5.jpg

4193187323_e74481635b.jpg

4191596092_4888f2fe7e.jpg

4193317875_9702c1941b.jpg

The Flickr set can be found here: 2009 December Cozumel pics

Fantastic photos!

Super crisp and clear, really like the shrimp and the DOF with the Spinyhead.

Just got back from Cozumel. I thought that the diving was great. Things are continuing to improve post-Wilma. Here are some pics that turned out.

Real nice shots. Made me "homesick" for Coz and the area. Was actually there about a month after Wilma and have been watching the area return each trip....

Very nice!

Bravo for you for getting a shot of the Splendid Toadfish.

In four trips to Coz, although I've seen them a number of times, I've yet to get an image of one.

My favorite of the images you posted is # 5.

Well done!

Ellen

Great job Erwin!

I allso like the last shot - very cool!

Thanks for sharing

Karel

Very nice pics both here and on the flickr site.

I will be in Coz in a month. Wondering who you dove with, where you stayed, etc. smaller, faster boats or larger boats with more crowds?

Also interested in your lens selections.

thanks,

Dave

Thanks for the nice comments everyone. My favorites are the first and last photos (the shrimp and the blenny).

To answer your question Dave, I stayed at the Presidente which is south of town, and a very nice resort. The restaurant is excellent, and the setting is great. It is pricey, though. I used the house operator, Scuba Du. They are very good. The boats were comfortable, not particularly fast, but not bad. Most boat rides were between 35-50 minutes. They were not too crowded. Typically there were about 8-10 divers on the boat (we went out on two different boats, and both were fine.) I posted a little longer trip report on the Scubaboard website, and here is a link to it if you want to have a look Cozumel trip report . We were very satisfied with our choices, as the service, comfort, safety, and professionalism were first-rate. With that said, I think that there are many good dive operators in Cozumel. The Scubaboard website has lots of reviews of specific operators, so I recommend that you have a look if you want to do some shopping around.

With respect to your question on lenses, I use a Nikkor 60mm micro with a 1.4x tele-extender for macro, and a Tokina 10-17mm w/a zoom for scenery shots. On this trip, I did not use the wide angle much because there was a minor leak with the dome port (probably the o-ring, but I wanted to fix it by testing in a pool without the lens at home before I tempted fate on the trip).

-Erwin

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements