Scuba_SI

Outputting from FCP

Hi All,

When i export my timeline from fcp it seems to be ignoring my filter / composite settings and basically just spitting out the normal colour without any of my post work included. I've tried using Compressor and the quicktime export, both are the same.

Anyone have any tips? Tried on kenstone etc but not getting anywhere.

Hi All,

When i export my timeline from fcp it seems to be ignoring my filter / composite settings and basically just spitting out the normal colour without any of my post work included. I've tried using Compressor and the quicktime export, both are the same.

Well, Timeline can have several mines laid down...

0, try to make a nested sequence, and check whether the problems are still there...

First, check whether you have used any MP3 files on the sound tracks... If yes, convert them to AIFF in iTunes, then re-import, and replace them.

Secondly, check how many kind of video sources you have on the timeline... A foreign DV can also cause problems... If yes, try to reconvert them with quickctime and then re-import and replace them.

Just a few quick ideas...

Best,

Gyula

Tried to find your post on the kenstone.net site but couldn't. You are describing something I have never really heard of before. It shouldn't make a bit of difference whether you export as a self contained movie or as a reference movie though I highly recommend exporting as a self contained movie before encoding in Compressor. Once in Compressor do you see all your transitions and filters in the Compressor preview window? Have you made sure that you have rendered your timeline in full resolution? Are you monitoring your color corrections on an external monitor or are you using your canvas in FC to do CC? What version of FC and what computer are you using? Really need more info. Have you attempted to trash your FC preferences?

Steve

Edited by steve

Check your Render Control settings... you probably switched it to off.

Hi All,

Thank god I'm not the only numpty ... :)

Dive safe

DeanB

I have attached a screen grab as an exaple, hardly any post on it at all, but you can see the two are different. Or could it just be the way quicktime / vlc etc display the clip?

Render settings are all ticked, and i havent changedany audio etc on this clip.

Steve - i's searched ken stone but not posted, i dont think i have time for another forum these days!

Thanks for the input (except for Dean).

post-4803-1261630776.jpg

It seems there is a Gamma difference between the two images, for me the output looks a bit washed out.

Here is a post regarding this: http://www.digitalrebellion.com/blog/posts...mma_quirks.html

Edited by Jules (Helioxfilm)

Are you noticing just the change in gamma or the issue as you said above? If it's not doing any filter or compositing at all, then throw out prefs and reinstall FCS. The gamma issue is not an issue if you use Pro Res.

Jusr returning one of many ... :)... Besides I didn't know the answer ... Hope you get it sorted I know how frustrating parts of FCP can get :D

Dive safe

DeanB

I have attached a screen grab as an exaple, hardly any post on it at all, but you can see the two are different. Or could it just be the way quicktime / vlc etc display the clip?

Render settings are all ticked, and i havent changedany audio etc on this clip.

Steve - i's searched ken stone but not posted, i dont think i have time for another forum these days!

In your original post you said you tried on the kenstone site but here you say you didn't. Now you have me confused.

I agree, you might want to work in Pro Res, something I always do. If you have filters and transitions that are not showing in your output, you should trash prefs.

Final Cut is fairly easy to use once you put the practice in to learn it. No one learns an NLE of any kind over night.

Steve

In your original post you said you tried on the kenstone site but here you say you didn't. Now you have me confused.

I agree, you might want to work in Pro Res, something I always do. If you have filters and transitions that are not showing in your output, you should trash prefs.

Final Cut is fairly easy to use once you put the practice in to learn it. No one learns an NLE of any kind over night.

Steve

I believe he meant that he did a search on the ken stone site, not a post :)

Sponsors

Advertisements