Alex_Mustard

Your Favourite Photo of 2009

I'm a little late for this thread. We didn't get in as much diving as I had hoped this past year. This was taken in the Florida Keys on a day with 100' vis. The wreck is the Eagle and the videographer model is my husband, John.

post-3320-1263224984.jpg

Nikon D200, Tokina 10-17.

Every year I am humbled by this thread. What is wonderful is that the photos are taken in every part of the world!

Fletcher

Wow, absolutely stunning images... Unfortunately I didn't have much time to dive this year, too busy with the new job. But I did manage to take a couple of days off in Bali for a few photos. Can't decide which one I like the most, so here are my two favorites:

P_biaculeatus.jpg

cats2.jpg

This thread has been such an inspiration to me - to try harder!!!!!!!

This is certainly one of my faves from last year:

RSM_5071-2.jpg

It marked a bit of a watershed for me on two counts: to experiment more with b&w and more importantly, to work on balancing natural/artificial light. It's such a favourite as the school of barracuda were very timid, it took a looooooong time staying stock still and many attempts to get them so close, even exhalation would turn them away but I was determined to get the shot I had visualised in my mind.

D300, 10.5mm, YS90's, f11, 100th.

R

Technically not my best, but this is my favorite on account of the effort and patience involved. I sat behind that rock in the foreground for almost the entire dive waiting patiently for a memeber of the school to swim in my direction, while I holding my breath over and over again. On an earlier occasion by the time I lifted up my camera to shoot, the shark had turned away instantly like the shark in the background of this picture. I thought this was hopeless. Fortunately, this time the front shark didn't immediately scare and while completely starved for breath, I was able to get something resembling the shot I had had in my head.

4243593398_ec2a52938e.jpg

Favorite Photo for 2009

Here is my favorite from 2009 as I finally got to dive the SS Yongala and got the trip partially funded by work as I had a conference nearby.

Edited by Matti

Wow nice shot Cal ^_^ (from page 1)

ok, just managed to squeeze some 2009 photos in with my new set up,

nd3gpl.jpg

Got loads still to plough thru and cut them all down

Edited by Scubysnaps

Shaff thats a great picture. I saw one of those a number of years ago in Cozumel and was amazed our local dive leader could find it! Great to bring back memories of that.

-Daniel

----------------

Daniel Herrington

Broadreach and Academic Treks

www.gobroadreach.com

www.academictreks.com

hi shutterbugs!

just some of my favorite photos to share from Komodo, Indonesia... :)

dsc0027g.jpg w429.png

dsc0102w.jpg w429.png

dsc0107dg.jpg w429.png

dsc0204a.jpg w429.png

dsc0218fd.jpg w429.png

hope you like them. thanks!

ps: so many awesome photos in this thread! wow!!!

As tempting as it is to include one of the memorable pics of Alex shooting pigs in the Bahamas, I opted otherwise. I include this shot, because the it was a 3-tank day above and beyond what I had ever encountered off West Palm before. Schooling Goliath Grouper turned the Mizpah from an OK day dive to an amazing experience, with massive schools of cigar minnows that could change the viz in seconds as they engulfed you.

post-17694-1264707351.jpg

Sponsors

Advertisements