Sign in to follow this  
ornate_wrasse

Subal Housing for D300

Hi all,

I finally got a Subal housing for my D300. However, I'm having considerable difficulty removing the back of the housing. This was never an issue with my Subal housing for the D70S. which has only one latch on the back of the housing. The Subal D300 housing has two latches on the back, but all my efforts to push down the latches don't result in it opening.

Has anyone encountered this problem? If so, I'd be curious to know what was done to resolve the issue.

Thanks in advance.

Ellen

Hi all,

I finally got a Subal housing for my D300. However, I'm having considerable difficulty removing the back of the housing. This was never an issue with my Subal housing for the D70S. which has only one latch on the back of the housing. The Subal D300 housing has two latches on the back, but all my efforts to push down the latches don't result in it opening.

Has anyone encountered this problem? If so, I'd be curious to know what was done to resolve the issue.

Thanks in advance.

Ellen

Was it on a plane recently? Is there a port on it? If so can you remove the port? Of course you know that you need to push down quite hard then rotate the latch, then it should open quite easily.

Bill

Push in the latch and then turn it.

I've never had a problem.

Be sure to push the latches all the way in before turning them.

Hi all,

Thanks in advance.

Ellen

I hope you fix was as easy as mine. You really have to put it face down and push straight down on the levers ALL the way then move the level outward ... like the others said.

Once you do it, it's so easy. Good luck.

Was it on a plane recently? Is there a port on it? If so can you remove the port? Of course you know that you need to push down quite hard then rotate the latch, then

It was recently shipped to me from Reef Photo but it went by ground shipping. There is no port on it.

I've been pushing down on it very hard and then rotating it outward but it still doesn't budge ^_^

Ellen

I hope you fix was as easy as mine. You really have to put it face down and push straight down on the levers ALL the way then move the level outward ... like the others said.

Thanks for everyone's comments. I have been pushing straight down on the levers ALL the way, then moving the lever outward, just like I did with the one lever on my Subal housing for the D70S, but with no luck. .

I'm going to take it in to work tomorrow and see if other folks have any luck with it. I did call Reef who told me the springs on new housings may be stiff and not as easy to push as older housings.

Ellen

Thanks for everyone's comments. I have been pushing straight down on the levers ALL the way, then moving the lever outward, just like I did with the one lever on my Subal housing for the D70S, but with no luck. .

I'm going to take it in to work tomorrow and see if other folks have any luck with it. I did call Reef who told me the springs on new housings may be stiff and not as easy to push as older housings.

Ellen

Ellen, with both my Subals for d200 & d300 I always have to use a wide, flat plastic pen end (like a sharpie) to open and close those housings. My hands & especially my previously injured right thumb/hand just isn't strong enough to push in those latches & rotate out (like it is so easy for guys with strong hands to do).

As said, place it down on a flat surface with a little padding, gently use the flat end of a sharpie pen to push straight & all the way down, then rotate gently out with your finger, all while still pushing down with "pen". The latch has to be rotated out to 45 deg to open, not to little or a slight bit too far or it won't open.

I use that technique all the time to open and close my Subals.

(Sharpie pens are best (I always have one along with my oring greese, etc) as they have a rubber indentation on one end & they never slip on me, that's with hundreds of times using this technique to open/close them)

Good Luck! Carol

Edited by seagrant

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements