Sign in to follow this  
Charon

a battery question

hi there,

i use now NiMH >2000 batteries since 2 years. at my last dives i reconized that my full charged batteries get less power and after some shots (10 min) the batterystatus on the camera goes to low and the camera switch off.

Now my question: are NiMH batteries dying faster when you use them underwater (get to cold)?

is better choise to get new Lithium batteries for?

im using a Oly. Camedia C3040 ZOOM

txs for help

sorry about my english

bye

My wife uses 2200 mAh rechargebles in her c4040 and easily gets two dives per set.........underwater use shouldn't make any difference.........I don't know if two years is a long time for battery life, but I'd get a couple of new sets

Karl

Cold IS a factor with NiMH batteries. With that said I'll say you should probably get longer run times. A lot has to do with how the batteries were charged. Did you use a rapid charger? During charging did the batteries get hot? These are things that reduce battery life. I love the rapid setting on my MAHA charger but my batteries were getting way too hot during these charging cycles. What I did was hooked up an old power supply fan so it blows air on the batteries as they charge (let me know if you want to see a pic). They now stay at a constant 74.6F during rapid charging.

I recently did four dives on a single set of Sanyo 2100mAh batteries with a C-4000z. I was on a boat without enough batteries or a charger. The dives were all about 50 minutes.

I was reasonably careful, but still used the LCD display a lot, and also deleted poor photographs between dives, etc.

I don't think that normal diving temperatures have any impact on the batteries. I used my C-4000z at below zero last December while ski-ing in Canada, and the camera performed well. The major problem was the LCD showing funny colours and condensation on the lens.

Just check your batteries, or better still, get new +2100mAh batteries and use the old ones for something else.

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements