Sign in to follow this  
adamhanlon

Green water again!

Hi all,

Just a few from my local dive site again. Water was 3/4 degrees, and air temp was -7!

The visibility was (is) superb though!

Enjoy!

760578908_trcw8-M.jpg

760578970_Uws9U-M.jpg

760579034_gNFjJ-M.jpg

Comments, suggestion and criticism very welcome

Adam

Hey Adam

Great pics. It´s worth the cold when you get pics like that.

I really like pic #1. Like the angel and the colour.

Mads

I really like #1. Would like a little more light on 2 and 3, though I'm sure your strobes were frozen. ^_^

Thanks for the feedback.

As it happens, I was having problems with one of my strobes. I have a Z240, and had knocked the pre-flash switch into the on position! I couldn't figure out the probelm until someone posted on here about it!

Here are a couple more from the same series:

760579224_H94GU-M.jpg

763988095_cMcCe-M.jpg

Adam

Now, you're just showing off ^_^ Luv em all!

Very nice Adam, lovely balanced light you've achieved, especially that last one. What are your settings? Can't seem to find the EXIF data on your site.

Edited by loftus

The trout ones are all 1/125 @ f7.1 100 ISO. Strobe was set at 1/2 stop under full power. 10-17mm at the 17mm end

The Sturgeon is 1/60 @ f5.6, again with strobe 1/2 stop under. 17mm again. These Sturgeons are nearly always found on the bottom, but I came round the corner and there he was in midwater! I think he was having a sleep!

Thanks for the comments, and hope the settings are interesting.

Adam

PS-bits of it were frozen on the surface!

Edited by adamdiveruk

very nice photos Adam, especially the 1st one, and the very last 2 you posted. Were you frozen in the water?

I've accidentally switched by pre-flash button, on my Z240's also - you're not the only one!

Scott

Nice images again Adam ...

I'm putting something together for the Beeb at the mo and it contains some Trout sequences from my visit ...

Dive safe

DeanB

Great shots Adam!

Love the second one.

Cheers

Karel

The trout ones are all 1/125 @ f7.1 100 ISO. Strobe was set at 1/2 stop under full power. 10-17mm at the 17mm end

The Sturgeon is 1/60 @ f5.6, again with strobe 1/2 stop under. 17mm again. These Sturgeons are nearly always found on the bottom, but I came round the corner and there he was in midwater! I think he was having a sleep!

Thanks for the comments, and hope the settings are interesting.

Adam

PS-bits of it were frozen on the surface!

Great pics Adam! We are having a cold spell here in So Cal and I'm considering ice diving...LOL.

I have a low temperature related question for you and anybody else that uses optical cable systems in freezing temperatures. Do you find frustratingly slower flash recycling times due to the camera recycling slower?

On another thread (in lighting techniques forum) cold temperatures are noted as a reason for slow recycling in optical systems.

Just curious.

Bo

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements